Spybot Configuration

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 mfos

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 30 July 2004 - 11:11 AM

I am new to the forum as of today and have read the FAQ.
My problem is, I fear, of my own making. I have had Spybot since I bought my computer (02/2003), but I only recently felt I knew enough to configure it (obviously I didn't). I checked the box to automatically mark the problems found, to be removed and to start automatically, upon startup of my computer. I have a Dell 2350, with Windows XP SP 1. I also have AdAware and Spyware Blaster.
Now, when Spybot come up it is a small (approximately 3" X 4" page). Nothing is visible except the words "Spybot" and the checking action at the bottom, showing the items as they are checked. A note pops up that Spybot is doing something to my drivers, asking for my ok. Then it seems to check my system again, and asks me to ok the removal of problems. I do not see a listing of the problems. ever. A minimized window cannot be maximized. When I click on the icon, a flash (as though the program is loading) appears and immediately disappears. I would like to know how to "fix" my goof. I am not well versed in computers, but I obviously know enough to to get myself in trouble. Thank you in advance for any help you can give me.

#2 Marianna

Forum Deity

• Retired Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 752 posts

Posted 30 July 2004 - 02:44 PM

HI mfos

As you have spybots&d on your computer since 02/2003 - it is VERY outdated :)

In the meantime - the latest version is 1.3

You can download it here:

http://beam.to/spybotsd - scroll down till you see: download - Spybot - Search & Destroy 1.3 -

But first you have to UNINSTALL your old version via add\remove !

Good Luck :)
"The only source of knowledge is experience"
Albert Einstein (1879 - 1955)

Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2006 - 2010

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Member of ASAP and UNITE
Support SpywareInfo Forum - click the button