CWShredder/Hijack this running slow.

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Swampthing

Swampthing

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 30 July 2004 - 12:02 PM

I recently got hit with a CWS and several Trojans at some sleazball website that I got redirected to. Upon closing my Internet Explorer and Running Spybot S&D, CWS Shredder, and HijackThis to check and clean my computer I noticed that Shredder and Hijack This took much longer to load as well as run then usual. They do run, but I suspect it is actually a clone program that has the appearance of CWShredder, just not sure. Another anomaly is that when I right click over the icons, the menu takes quite a while to appear and clicking on Properties does not always bring up the properties display, sometimes I hear three quick Window closing default sounds. (like the normal sound you have when you open Properties.

Hijack This revealed nothing out of the ordinary compared to my original baseline file. Spybot found nothing, and Norton was quiet as well.

Is there a new CWS variant that is attempts to hinder these programs? And if so, any products available to help track down the malware or mal-files?

#2 PGPhantom

PGPhantom

Superman of SWI

• Emeritus
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,494 posts

Posted 26 August 2004 - 07:29 PM

• HijackThis ...
    • Double click on "My Computer" to open it.
    • Double click on the local "C-Drive" to open it.
    • Click on "File" => "New Folder" and name it HJT. i.e. The folder will be C:\HJT.
    • Please download HijackThis from any of the following locations:
    • spywareinfo.com
    • subratam.org
    • tools.zerosrealm.com
  • Install/Unzip it into C:\HJT.
  • Only run HijackThis from C:\HJT\HijackThis.exe. That way we can ensure that we have the backup files available in the event that they are needed.
  • Run HijackThis, click on scan and wait for the scan to finish.
  • The "Scan" button will change to "Save Log", click on it and simply press "Save" on the window that will appear.
  • Notepad will open with a copy of the log.
    • Click on "Edit" => "Select All".
    • Click on "Edit" => "Copy". This will copy the contents of the Notepad instance to the clipboard.
  • Please post your entire log here for analysis.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Member of ASAP and UNITE
Support SpywareInfo Forum - click the button