• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 bobodin

bobodin

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 30 July 2004 - 01:45 PM

Hello,

I am hoping someone can help. I read the FAQ on posting, and I tried to follow the instructions for Hijacked Browsers. I was able to take my browser back, but I cannot get rid of all the data mining programs; worse yet, more and more malicious programs are getting in my machine.

I ran adaware, it found 40 objects, then I ran spywareSD, it found 5 DSO. I emptied the recylce bin, ran Norton Antivirus and rebooted. I was offline and ran adaware again, it found 20. Spyware found 5 again. I ran searches for .hta and .js and deleted only two files. I then ran CWShredder, that got all the CW stuff off. Then I ran HJT. Good stuff that one, but I'm just not knowledgable enough to go any further than what was posted in the article. Please help.

Thank you for your time and attention.

#2 bobodin

bobodin

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 01 August 2004 - 06:49 PM

Hello,

This is bobodin again. Today, I finally managed to clean the junk out of my system...so I think. I used the HJT tutorial, google, and several other websites and databases. Spybot, Adaware, HJT, Pepper removal tool, and CWS Shredder. I also searched through this forum some more to find any mention of certain files on my machine that I did not recognize. As it turns out, I had: IBIS Toolbar, Hunt Toolbar, Pepper and Memory Watcher, CWS, and a couple of other things I could not figure out (but they were listed as bad, so I killed them). Oh yes, in the beginning, my browser was hijacked. Thanks to all of the information everyone shares, I (hopefully) got my system clean. Take care.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Member of ASAP and UNITE
Support SpywareInfo Forum - click the button