• Announcements

• Budfred

IE 11 copy/paste problem

It has come to our attention that people using Internet Explorer 11 (IE 11) are having trouble with copy/paste to the forum. If you encounter this problem, using a different browser like Firefox or Chrome seems to get around the problem. We do not know what the problem is, but it seems to be specific to IE 11 and we are hopeful that Microsoft will eventually fix it.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Sapient

Internet Explorer Beeping

2 posts in this topic

Ok, so I had some major hijacking problems. I downloaded several programs to combat it. I used Hijack this to clean the system out. Ad Aware and Spybot kept me from getting to far behind. CWshredder kept fixing Homepage redirections. Spysweeper found a lot of things. I eventually tracked down the core of the problem, which was a VX2.Betterinternet dll file which VX2finder fixed for me.

But something is still amiss. Whenever I open an IE window, I get an annoying beep. I've reset the browser defaults. I've checked my sound setting, and every single option is set to "no sound". Every program I use to look for problems, including Norton Anti-virus, fails to find a problem. This only started after I had tracked down the Betterinternet files and started trying to get rid of it.

I don't know if the "beep" is a problem unto itself, or a symptom of some more important problem, but I want it gone. Searching the web has found a dozen people with he same problem, but no real solution other than turning of "beeping" in the device manager, which I would rather not do.

Any ideas or advice?

I am having the same problem. has anyone found a solution.

I have tried everything.....no idea what the beeping is, but its driving me nuts.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0