Photo

This one is strange

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 XMit

XMit

That Guy..you know..from that place..you know.

• Pip
  • 37 posts

Posted 23 May 2004 - 11:35 PM

I put in my XP recovery disk from Dell today and chose the start-up option of "browse this disk" when I look at the file icons there are several Firefox icons on the first page. On an MS disk????? Is this because I use Firefox for my default browser, and it just replaced all the IE icons with Mozilla ones?

#2 Paranoid

Paranoid

Forum Deity

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 533 posts

Posted 24 May 2004 - 11:03 AM

Yes in a nutshell. It replaces the associations for html, some image formats etc
Please note that the software I recommend above is entirely based on only my own experience and testing. In no way should my comments,opinions and endorsements be construed as an endorsement by the forum, nor do they reflect the advise or recommendations by the experts or helpers at spywareinfo.

#3 Archon_Wing

Archon_Wing

Donut Patron

• Trusted Advisor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 368 posts

Posted 24 May 2004 - 05:05 PM

Very Annoying. Hope they fix it in the next release.

If you don't want those icons, you may be able to change them. Right click on the file with an icon on it. Click open with... then click on choose program. Click on the program that you want to use. Look at the bottom and put a check next to always use the selected program to open this kind of file Click Ok. This will hopefully change the icon by the time you restart your computer.

Edited by Archon_Wing, 24 May 2004 - 05:06 PM.

Rights are never important until you don't have them.

#4 Paranoid

Paranoid

Forum Deity

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 533 posts

Posted 25 May 2004 - 10:07 AM

Very Annoying. Hope they fix it in the next release.

Fixed.
Please note that the software I recommend above is entirely based on only my own experience and testing. In no way should my comments,opinions and endorsements be construed as an endorsement by the forum, nor do they reflect the advise or recommendations by the experts or helpers at spywareinfo.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Member of ASAP and UNITE
Support SpywareInfo Forum - click the button