XP Services Problem - My Ge4 gets disabled

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 spektre

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 25 May 2004 - 11:41 AM

I used www.blackviper.com's XP Home Gaming Services Update to try and make a comp a bit faster when I played my games. Anyway, the problem is that when I use his update, my Ge4 Go gets disabled. The hardware is still detected in Device Manager but in Display Properties, my Display Adapter is something called 'VGA Save'.

Anyway, reverting to the Default XP Services config and reinstalling Direct X seems to solve the problem.

So which service could be affecting this? I really want to use the streamlined services list since it does make my comp much faster. However, without the Ge4 I can't play my games. :(

#2 dave38

Devout Murphyite!

• Emeritus
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,508 posts

Posted 25 May 2004 - 01:56 PM

These sevices can be so interdependent, especially with some hardware, that a definitive answer may not be possible.

However, one way to find out for yourself, is to rest all the alterations you made, using Blackviper's recommendations.

Check that everything works OK.

Then disable one thing at a time, checking after each one.

When you find something that upsets your graphics card, leave it enabled, and try the rest, still checking after each one.

Time consuming I know, but it is the only way to be certain.
I also suggest that you make a list of what services were disabled, and keep it with your system disks, to save a lot of work if you ever have to reinstall!
Be wary of strong drink. It may make you shoot at tax collectors, and miss!
Please support SWI forum

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Member of ASAP and UNITE
Support SpywareInfo Forum - click the button