• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 deb52058

deb52058

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 25 May 2004 - 01:30 PM

Hi Again,

I downloaded a file from a floppy disk for an organization I do volunteer work with. Computer told me that it required an older version of IE than I was using and asked whether to open it as is or convert. Seemed safer to convert the data, but since then I am getting the message "Setup has detected that you are running a version of windows that already includes the updated files or enhancements you are attempting to install, for more info, click details or cancel to return to menu"
Details just informs me that you cannot install the same ehancements twice.
I ran HJT and I have found that I have duplicate IE files in most categories, I have attached the log here, can I just delete the dupes? Just want to check and verify before I screw this up. The system seems to be working pretty well, although there are a few glitches, the "Clickable Smiles" section of this page does not show any icons, only the red "x" with smilie noted next to it, don't know if it is all related or not.

Thanks for your help and time
deb52058

Attached Files

#2 rosso_acido

rosso_acido

Earl of Mysterious Briefcases

• PipPipPipPip
  • 286 posts

Posted 25 May 2004 - 01:40 PM

The clickable smilies are most probably not part of the problem. They don't work for anyone just yet. You can have a look here for some more info. ;)

R.
I am the iron anchor.

#3 deb52058

deb52058

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 25 May 2004 - 09:19 PM

If someone would just let me know if it is okay for me to get rid of the duplicate files I would appreciate it.
thanks
deb ;)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Member of ASAP and UNITE
Support SpywareInfo Forum - click the button