• Announcements

• Budfred

IE 11 copy/paste problem

It has come to our attention that people using Internet Explorer 11 (IE 11) are having trouble with copy/paste to the forum. If you encounter this problem, using a different browser like Firefox or Chrome seems to get around the problem. We do not know what the problem is, but it seems to be specific to IE 11 and we are hopeful that Microsoft will eventually fix it.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
hopjed

morefinders.com - been hijacked

4 posts in this topic

my friend's browser has been hijacked, it seems. i told him to download and run spybot 1.3 and adaware 6.0 and then get the windows updates. he did all that, but his homepage still comes up as "www.morefinders.com" - some search engine. redirecting the homepage from internet options does not do it either.

please advise. thanks!

Well i just looked up the URL, with out the scripts on, for sure it is another CWS Virant of searchmeup.com, that is all I can say at this time.

a virant of CWS? perhaps i should tell him to download and run CWShredder and/or Hijackthis? then post the log?

Hello, New to this forum. The morefinders.com problem lies with scvhost in c:\windows\system. The proper windows version is svchost. Remove this from the c:\windows\system folder and delete the appropriate run entry in the registry.

Problem solved!

This one doesn't seem to be caught by any of the tools, Hijack This does show it up however.

Hope this helps.

MM :D

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0