Denial of Service

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Markg

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 26 May 2004 - 04:39 PM

Many sites, including this one, are targets for Denial of Service attacks by those with alternative agendas. I work with a company that produces a rate-based DoS mitigation appliance, and we are currently seeking homes for evaluation units. If you have been or are currently being victimized by DoS attacks, please tell us about your experience or post it here.

You can reach me at [Email address removed. Not a good idea to show it in a public forum. People can send you email by clicking your E-Mail button, below. - cnm]

Edited by cnm, 26 May 2004 - 06:34 PM.

#2 talubuka

• Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 26 May 2004 - 09:40 PM

What exactly is a denial of service attack? I've heard a few people mention it and I am curious.

#3 Bladeoz

• Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 28 May 2004 - 12:09 AM

Zombie bots? Little buggers. If its what I think Markg is talking about - its not good.

DOS attacks conducted by bombarding servers with broken packets - over using bandwidth and - without the right protection or a strong network firewall - can effectivley shut down the internet access for the server or do worse. They are controlled by IRC channels and the bots hide on unknowning peoples computers - sent via e-mail and via other means.

I read a nice article about this at Uni the other week. Bloody interesting :) Go to this site to find out more:

This site was attacked by a large quanitity of zombie bots. There is a report outlining all this. A good read.
Just watch'in a bad dream I never wake up from

#4 Mike

Dark Lord of SWI

• Emeritus
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 514 posts

Posted 29 May 2004 - 04:14 PM

Not sure what you mean by "homes for evaluation units". You mean you want to find an ISP to test it out? Is it a router or something?
SpywareInfo: How are you gentlemen?? All your base are belong to us!!
Spyware: What you say!!
SpywareInfo: You have no chance to survive. Make your time!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Member of ASAP and UNITE
Support SpywareInfo Forum - click the button