• This topic is locked This topic is locked
9 replies to this topic

#1 okaydokay

okaydokay

• Helper Trainee
  • Pip
  • 27 posts

Posted 27 September 2004 - 06:22 PM

Hey everybody. My problem is that all of a sudden my GF pc wont load her hotmail account. She puts user name and pass and clicks sign in but it just loads a blank page. Ive scanned it with spybot S&D, Adaware, Giant antispyware, cwshredder, and fixed everything that was there. Then i ran hijack this and went ahead and got rid of everything except what was there to begin with 3 months ago (fairly new pc) her account works on other pcs so its gotta be on her local machine. I already tried resetting web settings as well as a full virus scan. Any Ideas would be appreciated. Thx To everyone ahead of time.

Marcus Davis

#2 MBurke

MBurke

• Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 27 September 2004 - 06:35 PM

i have that same problem!! It is driving me crazy and i don't know how to fix it

#3 okaydokay

okaydokay

• Helper Trainee
  • Pip
  • 27 posts

Posted 29 September 2004 - 06:50 AM

Cant anyone help? I cant seem to figure how out of the thousands of nice, smart people on the web these days no one can help fix this problem.

#4 Dogtanian

Dogtanian

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 29 September 2004 - 02:35 PM

Cant anyone help? I cant seem to figure how out of the thousands of nice, smart people on the web these days no one can help fix this problem.

View Post

At last, some other people who have the same problem I do.

I have run Adaware, Spybot, CW Shredder, Spyware blaster. Spyware Doctor and also Hijack this.

This problem still remains.

However, there are ways to read your email.
When the page says done, if you type www.hotmail.com into the address bar, it will open up your hotmail account.
Alternatively if you use another explorer such as netscape navigator, this problem does not occur.

It is something to do with internet explorer. Can anyone help??

Regards
Dogtanian

#5 MBurke

MBurke

• Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 29 September 2004 - 08:48 PM

hey that did work for me, i just had to type in hotmail.com again

#6 okaydokay

okaydokay

• Helper Trainee
  • Pip
  • 27 posts

Posted 30 September 2004 - 07:24 PM

Ok I have it everyone. In IE go to tools internet options, then click security and then click custom level. after this scroll down until you see meta refresh. Make sure this is enabled. And VIOLA... I think a virus or spyware wouldnt touch this setting but maybe a new windows update might or maybe adaware or spybot because it is to make sure there are no redirections. Which could be used to a spyware/virus advantage not disadvantage. Give Me Feedback if it works for yall.

#7 Dogtanian

Dogtanian

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 01 October 2004 - 01:57 PM

The meta refresh was already enabled for me.

:( Still the same problem

#8 vbuynfly

vbuynfly

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 03 October 2004 - 07:03 PM

Hey everybody. My problem is that all of a sudden my GF pc wont load her hotmail account. She puts user name and pass and clicks sign in but it just loads a blank page. Ive scanned it with spybot S&D, Adaware, Giant antispyware, cwshredder, and fixed everything that was there. Then i ran hijack this and went ahead and got rid of everything except what was there to begin with 3 months ago (fairly new pc) her account works on other pcs so its gotta be on her local machine. I already tried resetting web settings as well as a full virus scan. Any Ideas would be appreciated. Thx To everyone ahead of time.

Marcus Davis

View Post

Get rid of Internet Explorer and load Mozilla Firefox. As soon as I tried to access my hotmail with Firefox, it let me in. My IE browser somehow will not do anything more than load a blank page repeatedly with the toolbar endlessly saying, first, "opening page", then , "done" and still blank.
Go to Spyware browser hijack info and read up.

I am certainly not a computer expert......I cant even spell geke right. LOL
For the past month, friends have been advising me to dump IE and I just hadn't gotten around to taking good advice. I like Firefox better. This seems like a great site and I will be trying to learn more from it.
Good luck to all. Vince.

Edited by vbuynfly, 03 October 2004 - 07:05 PM.

#9 vbuynfly

vbuynfly

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 06 October 2004 - 07:46 AM

Marcus Davis

View Post

Hooray, Huzzah, another Kudo for my wife the lady who said she didn't even want a computer in the house after we cancelled cable TV because she said I spent too much time surfing the channels. She's the search wizard on google, but she didn't even use it to find the answer to this problem. It seems that MSN has been tinkering with ads, settings and filters and slowly changed all sorts of stuff with the way their system works over the last 2 months. I loaded Hijack This, but the instructions said don't whack anything without asking us first, so I didn't.

Well......my wife clicked on the little red negative sign with the Saturn-ring-like thing in the lower right hand corner of the hotmail screen (I always wondered why there is no "internet options" settings access button in hotmail) and Miracle of miracles, there pops up the interwebcrawlers options settings control box. This will give you a box that says HISTORY and start displaying lines of access addresses that say blocked or accepted. Scroll through to one that says "login passport.net accepted and click to highlight which will activate the settings tab. Click on settings and then click the selection that says "Allow MSN pop-ups only" and your IE browser will now let you access your hotmail account just like before. I'm writing these instructions from memory so there may be an additional box or two to click, cuz we bounced around a bit before selecting the right one, but that is about it.

It seems that when they changed the settings access points and how they display new ads on the side, some programming wiz decided to link the new stuff to the access options controls so that you have to reset them to MSN only pop-ups. If you choose block all pop-ups, you will be back in the same situation as before where hotmail just loads blank screens.

My wife keeps asking why we need hotmail and the answer is because it's junk!!!!
Yes, that's right, junk. It's a way to keep the trash of the world separated from our "clean" AOL mail account. Have two accounts : one clean and the other dirty to force the slop of the world to go to where you can delete it easily. Anytime you are asked online to input your email address always give them the dirty account and they will sell your info to people who put it there for you to keep separate from your clean account.

Good Blessings to all you folks who sit and wait for screens to load,
Vince and Amber.

#10 vbuynfly

vbuynfly

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 08 October 2004 - 05:41 AM

Marcus Davis

View Post

Hooray, Huzzah, another Kudo for my wife the lady who said she didn't even want a computer in the house after we cancelled cable TV because she said I spent too much time surfing the channels. She's the search wizard on google, but she didn't even use it to find the answer to this problem. It seems that MSN has been tinkering with ads, settings and filters and slowly changed all sorts of stuff with the way their system works over the last 2 months. I loaded Hijack This, but the instructions said don't whack anything without asking us first, so I didn't.

Well......my wife clicked on the little red negative sign with the Saturn-ring-like thing in the lower right hand corner of the hotmail screen (I always wondered why there is no "internet options" settings access button in hotmail) and Miracle of miracles, there pops up the interwebcrawlers options settings control box. This will give you a box that says HISTORY and start displaying lines of access addresses that say blocked or accepted. Scroll through to one that says "login passport.net accepted and click to highlight which will activate the settings tab. Click on settings and then click the selection that says "Allow MSN pop-ups only" and your IE browser will now let you access your hotmail account just like before. I'm writing these instructions from memory so there may be an additional box or two to click, cuz we bounced around a bit before selecting the right one, but that is about it.

It seems that when they changed the settings access points and how they display new ads on the side, some programming wiz decided to link the new stuff to the access options controls so that you have to reset them to MSN only pop-ups. If you choose block all pop-ups, you will be back in the same situation as before where hotmail just loads blank screens.

My wife keeps asking why we need hotmail and the answer is because it's junk!!!!
Yes, that's right, junk. It's a way to keep the trash of the world separated from our "clean" AOL mail account. Have two accounts : one clean and the other dirty to force the slop of the world to go to where you can delete it easily. Anytime you are asked online to input your email address always give them the dirty account and they will sell your info to people who put it there for you to keep separate from your clean account.

Good Blessings to all you folks who sit and wait for screens to load,
Vince and Amber.

View Post

Just a little note of rememberance. When accessing the little negative symbol on the lower right hand part of the screen. After you click on the passport loginn accepted line and get the choices box, it will ask you if you want to accept cookies. The correct one (we remembered it after discussing) is to choose "Accept cookies that conform to my security settings". Don't choose "Accept cookies from MSN only" and don't choose accept all or you will get spammed, popped over constantly and generally inundated with garbage and probably P_RN.
Good luck,
Vince and Amber.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Member of ASAP and UNITE
Support SpywareInfo Forum - click the button