• Announcements

• Budfred

IE 11 copy/paste problem

It has come to our attention that people using Internet Explorer 11 (IE 11) are having trouble with copy/paste to the forum. If you encounter this problem, using a different browser like Firefox or Chrome seems to get around the problem. We do not know what the problem is, but it seems to be specific to IE 11 and we are hopeful that Microsoft will eventually fix it.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Muriel

Conflict between SpySweeper & SpyWareBlaster

5 posts in this topic

I've detected what I believe is a conflict between Webroot Spy Sweeper and SpyWareBlaster.

SpySweeper locates a CoolWeb variant on my clean system, after which I've found "Cool Web Search (233)" on the restricted list in SpyWareBlaster marked as disabled.

I only keep SpySweeper as a backup, as I've found it does not get hindered from operating by HackerDefender (that I've found yet), but I thought others might like to know.

(This is not the same one we've been working on Tux, heh!)

Some programs have conflicts, as you might've seen when you've started up Spybot S&D when you had adaware on your system, anything that Spybot makes backups of might be detected by adaware as a threat. This may very well be a conflict, but you might wanna run HJT and look at your log just in case ;). I have a lot of Anti Spyware programs downloaded, including things like CWShredder and Peper uninstaller. I try and learn how programs work before I advise other people how to use them :p

Oh, this system's clean believe me.

I've never had any conflicts between SpyBot and Adaware though...

No, this is definitely something to do with SpySweeper affecting SpyWareBlaster, though they've just updated SpySweeper within the last day or two, so maybe the updated version doesn't have this conflict...

Send them an email pointing out the error. They'll fix it.