Anti-Virus Software

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 pete620

pete620

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 16 May 2004 - 10:24 PM

My computer has been under heavy attack from all sorts of spyware and I am considering purchasing software that will protect my computer. I have ad aware and spybot now and they seem to find problems when they arise but recently the spyware has become too much and I had to restore my OS. Im looking for something that will stop the problem before it starts. Anyone have any recomendations?

#2 discogail

discogail

"All you need is a gorilla and a dream"

• Emeritus
  • Pip
  • 86 posts

Posted 16 May 2004 - 11:46 PM

Take a look here-->
Stop IE hijacking before it happens

Pay close attention to the suggested browser settings..and the link to the jewel that you're looking for...Spywareblaster.

#3 JRosenfeld

JRosenfeld

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 143 posts

Posted 17 May 2004 - 04:23 PM

Update Spybot to version 1.3. It has additional features ('teatimer') that monitor and warn of attempts to download/install or change (some) registry settings.

#4 Tuxedo Jack

Tuxedo Jack

Creator of TuxPE, a Cat5-o'-9-Tails, Etherkillers, and more

• Expert
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,757 posts

Posted 17 May 2004 - 04:38 PM

Also, get ZoneAlarm and a decent AV program such as AVG or NOD32. They're all free.
Signature file is under revision. This will be back shortly.

#5 ghost2003

ghost2003

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 24 May 2004 - 06:12 PM

NOD32 isint free but if your going to buy a AV then I would recomend it, its worth every penny. Two other good free AV's are avast www.avast.com and antivir www.freeav.com

#6 txsidewinder1

txsidewinder1

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 24 May 2004 - 08:32 PM

Win Patrol is a good free program. There is also a paid program. Most people just run the free program.

Http://www.winpatrol.com

Two other programs are Spyware blaster and spywareguard. They run in the background and help prevent spyware from even getting into your computer. They are good freeware programs.

http://www.theeldergeek.com This site has security programs, cookie crunchers (about ten of them), and tools. He has over 100 free programs.

If the elder geek has not what you want, go to: http:www.wilders.org/freetools.htm Not only does he have free tools, he has security programs.

If you want you computer internally cleaned go to: http://cleanup.stevengould.org Be sure to follow all of his suggestions and rules.

For a good anti virus and trojan deleter, use pest patrol. If pest patrol is on sale, then it costs 29.95. Add 10 dollars for regular price.

With all the protection I have, I still sometimes get infected. The first time I ever ran adaware6, I found over 55 spywares. I do not even know how my computer was running.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Member of ASAP and UNITE
Support SpywareInfo Forum - click the button