• Announcements

• Budfred

IE 11 copy/paste problem

It has come to our attention that people using Internet Explorer 11 (IE 11) are having trouble with copy/paste to the forum. If you encounter this problem, using a different browser like Firefox or Chrome seems to get around the problem. We do not know what the problem is, but it seems to be specific to IE 11 and we are hopeful that Microsoft will eventually fix it.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ambwqob

Slooowww computer performance

2 posts in this topic

I'm currently borrowing my sister's laptop for purposes of diagnosing why it is running so slowwwwwwww. It's a Dell Latitude Cpi D233ST on 64mb of ram - I know it is not supposed to be real fast, but I've used it in the past and at least web-surfing was fine. Now, say 10 minutes into my internet session, the mouse really lags on the computer screen (e.g. I'm typing this and when I move the mouse the pointer takes like 5 seconds to change into a normal mouse pointer rather than a curser pointer) and it also takes a while just to scroll down. It even takes a while for letters that I type in the IE search box to appear on the screen.

I updated Windows, updated Norton anti-virus, ran cwsShredder, adaware, Search&Destroy and there were no problems. I checked the video adapter and made sure it was set to default levels and it is. So no viruses, no malware, no worms and everything is updated, and I am now clueless as to what the problem may be. I have posted a hijack this log in case someone can find something amiss in there (it took the CPU 20 seconds just to save this simple text log):

Logfile of HijackThis v1.97.7

Scan saved at 2:18:19 PM, on 5/28/04

Platform: Windows 98 Gold (Win9x 4.10.1998)

MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP1 (6.00.2800.1106)

Running processes:

C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\KERNEL32.DLL

C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\MSGSRV32.EXE

C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\MPREXE.EXE

C:\PROGRAM FILES\SYMANTEC_CLIENT_SECURITY\SYMANTEC ANTIVIRUS\RTVSCN95.EXE

C:\PROGRAM FILES\SYMANTEC_CLIENT_SECURITY\SYMANTEC ANTIVIRUS\DEFWATCH.EXE

C:\PROGRAM FILES\COMMON FILES\SYSTEM\MOSEARCH\BIN\MOSEARCH.EXE

C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\mmtask.tsk

C:\WINDOWS\EXPLORER.EXE

C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\PSTORES.EXE

C:\PROGRAM FILES\SYMANTEC_CLIENT_SECURITY\SYMANTEC ANTIVIRUS\VPTRAY.EXE

C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\CTFMON.EXE

C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\MSTASK.EXE

C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\SPOOL32.EXE

C:\PROGRAM FILES\INTERNET EXPLORER\IEXPLORE.EXE

C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\DDHELP.EXE

C:\PROGRAM FILES\INTERNET EXPLORER\IEXPLORE.EXE

C:\WINDOWS\DESKTOP\S E C U R I T Y\HIJACKTHIS.EXE

R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://www.linkagogo.com/

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Window Title = Microsoft Internet Explorer provided by Cox High Speed Internet

O2 - BHO: EarthLink Popup Blocker - {4B5F2E08-6F39-479a-B547-B2026E4C7EDF} - C:\PROGRAM FILES\EARTHLINK TOTALACCESS\PNEL.DLL

O2 - BHO: Popup Manager - {08E74C67-99A6-45C7-94DA-A397A8FD8082} - C:\PROGRAM FILES\POPUP MANAGER\POPUPMGR_1.0.2.1P.DLL

O3 - Toolbar: Pop-Up Blocker - {D7F30B62-8269-41AF-9539-B2697FA7D77E} - C:\PROGRAM FILES\EARTHLINK TOTALACCESS\PNEL.DLL

O3 - Toolbar: &Radio - {8E718888-423F-11D2-876E-00A0C9082467} - C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\MSDXM.OCX

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [scanRegistry] C:\WINDOWS\scanregw.exe /autorun

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [CriticalUpdate] C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\wucrtupd.exe -startup

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [vptray] C:\PROGRA~1\SYMANT~1\SYMANT~1\vptray.exe

O4 - HKLM\..\RunServices: [rtvscn95] C:\PROGRA~1\SYMANT~1\SYMANT~1\rtvscn95.exe

O4 - HKLM\..\RunServices: [defwatch] C:\PROGRA~1\SYMANT~1\SYMANT~1\defwatch.exe

O4 - HKLM\..\RunServices: [MOSearch] C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\SYSTEM\MOSEARCH\BIN\MOSEARCH.EXE

O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [ctfmon.exe] ctfmon.exe

O8 - Extra context menu item: E&xport to Microsoft Excel - res://C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~1\OFFICE10\EXCEL.EXE/3000

O9 - Extra button: Real.com (HKLM)

O9 - Extra button: AIM (HKLM)

O9 - Extra button: Messenger (HKLM)

O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: MSN Messenger Service (HKLM)

O16 - DPF: {D27CDB6E-AE6D-11CF-96B8-444553540000} (Shockwave Flash Object) - http://fpdownload.macromedia.com/pub/shock...ash/swflash.cab

O16 - DPF: {3E68E405-C6DE-49FF-83AE-41EE9F4C36CE} (Office Update Installation Engine) - http://office.microsoft.com/officeupdate/content/opuc.cab

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0