• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Primodinapoli

• Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 28 May 2004 - 06:51 PM

Just downloaded this utility? and it appears to work fine until I try to get to a any website. As soon as I click on a site, or link, my puter shuts of and restarts by itself. I have xp home, and according to what I,ve read about the program it is compatible with xp. Was wondering if anyone has SecretMaker and has experienced the same thing, and, or what I can do to fix my problem. It looks like a pretty good program if only it didn't crash every time. Thanks for listening.

#2 Muriel

scholar of crapware's demise

• Pip
  • 97 posts

Posted 29 May 2004 - 09:46 AM

I know two individuals who have both tried Secretmaker, both with negative results, one more devastating than the other (wiped out crucial components of their OS somehow).
My view is that Secretmaker should be used with extreme care, only by those with a thorough understanding of their PC's inner workings, and that the program itself needs lots of work to make it more user friendly.

Stick to Adaware, SpyBot S & D, and other programs that have proven to be effective and safe to systems. ;)

#3 Primodinapoli

• Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 29 May 2004 - 09:55 AM

Ok, thanks alot. Next time I download something, would you give me as slap please.

#4 Paranoid

Forum Deity

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 533 posts

Posted 29 May 2004 - 11:26 AM

Confirmed. Stay away from this piece of software
Please note that the software I recommend above is entirely based on only my own experience and testing. In no way should my comments,opinions and endorsements be construed as an endorsement by the forum, nor do they reflect the advise or recommendations by the experts or helpers at spywareinfo.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Member of ASAP and UNITE
Support SpywareInfo Forum - click the button