• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Mowergun

Mowergun

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 17 May 2004 - 12:25 AM

Hi,

I have been trying to update the BHO list in Merijn's BHOList program. When I open the "List" menu in the BHOList program and click on "Update BHO's from sysinfo.org" the program proceeds to update the list as usual, but as soon as the list displays there is an error box that says "Run-time error '5'", and all the menus are greyed out at the top of the BHOList program so that I cannot dump the list to file. When I click on the "OK" button in the error box, the BHOList program closes without saving the list. See Attached screen shot.

I tried downloading a new copy of BHOList, but I get the same error. I tried updating the list on another new computer running WinXP and I get the same error and same problem. (MY computer is running Win98SE)

The error box says something about an invalid remote proceedure call or invalid arguement.

Since I get the same problem on my computer running Win98SE and on my wife's computer running WinXP, I assume there is a problem at sysinfo.org?

Is anyone else having this problem? Is there a solution?

Mowergun

Attached Thumbnails

• BHOlist.jpg

Edited by Mowergun, 17 May 2004 - 12:34 AM.

#2 JRosenfeld

JRosenfeld

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 143 posts

Posted 17 May 2004 - 04:18 PM

Yes, I just tried it and have the same problem. downloaded BHO.zip, extracted BHOlist.exe (v 1.30), double click shows empty window; click on update it starts then the runtime error 5 message, click OK on that leaves empty window.

#3 Mowergun

Mowergun

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 19 May 2004 - 02:49 AM

JRosenfeld,

Thanks for the reply, I guess that confirms that the problem is not with our computers, but probably with the sysinfo.org download. I wonder if the folks at sysinfo.org or Merijn are aware of the problem? It was handy being able to keep the cslid list updated from within the bholist program and then being able to dump the list to file. Whenever I had to go to a friend or relative's house to trouble shoot this is one of the trouble shooting tools that I would update and copy to a floppy disc to take with me.

Mowergun

#4 smckillop

smckillop

Rockin' Apple of SWI

• Retired Staff - Helper
  • PipPipPip
  • 143 posts

Posted 19 May 2004 - 02:26 PM

Figured that I would report the same issue on a 2 different Windows XP Professional PC's... I would also like to note that the web interface for the list is giving CGI Limit errors frequently and may be part of the issue.
smckillop
He who has tasted a sour apple, will have the more relish for a sweet one.

If the information I have provided has been helpful, please consider Supporting SpywareInfo

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Member of ASAP and UNITE
Support SpywareInfo Forum - click the button