2 replies to this topic

#1 Mere_Mortal

Mere_Mortal

Spy-Aware

• Helper Trainee
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 292 posts

Posted 29 May 2004 - 06:12 AM

I had this issue with my own PC, and have just noticed the same on a computer at a Surf shop (which offers internet use).

In Program Files, there is (in my case and theirs) a directory namely "microsoft frontpage". Inside there is a subfolder called "version 3.0" and again one called "bin", with no files at all in any of the three folders.

In both cases, trying to delete the directory results in "access denied". When I tried on my own computer some weeks back - rebooting into safe mode does remove the directory, but returns after a further reboot. Killbox fails to remove this directory.

There appears to be no problem as such (errors, eg) with this directory, just it blatantly refuses to go.

Anybody else got this folder on their system, or know anything about it at all?

#2 Guest_BoOchan_*

Guest_BoOchan_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 May 2004 - 06:39 AM

Yes, I think all Windows XP System's have this folder on there system and through Windows File Protection, cannot be deleted.

Basically, "If it ain't broke, don't fix it."

#3 Mere_Mortal

Mere_Mortal

Spy-Aware

• Helper Trainee
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 292 posts

Posted 30 May 2004 - 08:08 AM

Ah, so maybe in the services, WFP can be disabled and thus, the directory deleted maybe?

True though, nothing really worth being concerned about...just I get paranoid if things won't delete when I request to do such.

Cheers BoOchan :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Member of ASAP and UNITE
Support SpywareInfo Forum - click the button