Scan disc (windows xp)

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Primodinapoli

Primodinapoli

• Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 30 May 2004 - 09:17 AM

Instead of scanning my disc, I get a message that says, "the type of file system is NTFS - cannot open volume for direct access - scan complete"............................What exactly is this all about. I've looked on the web and other forums and it seems like the same person puts the same answer everywhere stating, "It's a problem MSN is aware of but has no fix for it yet, but they're working on it." Was wondering if anyone knows about this and how to fix it. Thanks again. :blink:

#2 thyme

thyme

• Pip
  • 93 posts

Posted 30 May 2004 - 11:10 AM

Hi

Normally to scan disc in xp you get the message disk chk needs exclusive access to windows so you need to schedule it to start next time windows opens. It takes a while to do.
Are you going into my computer, c drive properties to do this?

#3 Primodinapoli

Primodinapoli

• Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 30 May 2004 - 08:44 PM

Yes, I do c drive - properties and schedule it for next start up. However, when I restart, the same thing happens over and over. I must've done this a dozen times.(Thinking it was gonna eventually fix itself) :blink: I just recently uninstalled 2 uhhhh poopy, dirty, vicious utilities, and that's when the problem began. Is it time for another clean install ya think? :( Thanks for responding so quickly :)

#4 thyme

thyme

• Pip
  • 93 posts

Posted 31 May 2004 - 02:03 AM

Hi

I found this info from microsoft

http://support.micro...9&Product=winxp

It appears they stilll haven't fixed this problem :hmmm: which is no help to you or anyone.

I suppose you could do a system restore but then you would get back the 2 programes you didn't want. Maybe there is a better way to remove them so as not to cause this problem. Seems a shame to have to do a clean reinstall.

Maybe everyone should bombard microsoft with emails to fix this problem, or write to a pc magazine to see if they get any where, find out just how many people have this problem .

#5 Primodinapoli

Primodinapoli

• Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 31 May 2004 - 07:29 AM

Thanks again. :techsupport:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Member of ASAP and UNITE
Support SpywareInfo Forum - click the button