• Announcements

• Budfred

IE 11 copy/paste problem

It has come to our attention that people using Internet Explorer 11 (IE 11) are having trouble with copy/paste to the forum. If you encounter this problem, using a different browser like Firefox or Chrome seems to get around the problem. We do not know what the problem is, but it seems to be specific to IE 11 and we are hopeful that Microsoft will eventually fix it.
    • Budfred

UPDATE on Upgrade   02/07/2017

We were somewhat delayed on getting the upgrade done, but it looks like it will now be done in the next few days or possibly even later today.   There is one change coming with the new upgrade that may affect people when they log in. There will no longer be separate Usernames and Display Names. Your Display Name will now be the only name you have for the forum and, if you used your Username to log in, you will now need to use your Display Name. It is likely that everyone who visits after the upgrade will need to log in again, so please keep this in mind.   Update again - Feb 7 - We have completed the main part of the upgrade and we are working to tweak settings for the site.  It will probably take us a while, but we will eventually settle down to the way we want it.  In the meanwhile, your posts should be secure, but the look of the forum and some functions may change over time.
    • cnm

We backup daily at 9:00 PM Pacific Time   02/13/2017

You may notice the forum being unresponsive for a few minutes around 9:00 PM PST (11:00 PM CST, 5:00 AM GMT) while we back up the database.
    • cnm

Notifications blocked by Outlook.com, Hotmail, Live, etc   02/14/2017

Our notifications are blocked by those mail servers. If you have email address at Hotmail, Hotmail.uk, etc etc then you will not get notifications and need to manually check for new replies. We recommend Gmail.   The notifications won't even be in your Spam folder - they just go down a black hole.
cnm

The Boot Camp here, anti-malware training

4,010 posts in this topic

The Boot Camp is a hidden forum where you can learn the ropes and advance to Helper. Experts and others will be there to guide you and answer your questions. A lot of good info there.

Just reply to this thread if you would like to be a Helper Trainee applicant.

An Admin should turn up to admit you within a few hours. Watch for the "Group: Helper Trainee (A)" to show up on the left there, under your name and avatar. (You may need to refresh the page). As Helper Trainee (A) you will be able to access your profile and send/receive PMs.

We will then ask you by PM to provide some biographical information. After it is reviewed by The Boot Camp Teaching Team, your Group will usually be changed to 'Helper Trainee' and you will be able to see the Boot Camp and start the first steps in your training..

Edited by Rocket Grannie
Reviewed by The Boot Camp Teaching Team,

Hi just moved from old forum could you please add me back in as trianee.

My user name is the same. Just in case you need it my main forum is sypwarewarrior.

Thank you

Java :blink:

I'm sure I have been here before, but I'm here now from CCSP

Can I please have a set of keys and directed to the door to unlock

cheers

Hi, I'm using the same info as the old SWI board, please make me a Helper again.

EDIT, I noticed the proper place to post for reinstatement of status, so disregard this post

Edited by Nick

Mostly been a lurker here, but as long as changes are being made, I'd like to join the bootcamp, please. I've learned a lot, but I've got plenty more questions. Thanks.

Edited by timberlandko

Hi there, I would like to join this boot camp, can I please? :)

Done. Let me know via PM when you have registered at the old board and I'll make you Helper Trainee there as well. cnm

I should like to be considered to become a trainee helper.

Gandalf

Gandalf, I need to make you a Helper Trainee on the old board also, so that you can see the old (now read-only) Boot Camp as well as the one here. Unfortunately there is another Gandalf registered there. Please PM me what name you register with at Old board

I had not requested to join bootcamp before because I felt unworthy, but I would really like to learn more and help!

I would like to join and learn as well.

I'll throw in here too...I've been doing this stuff for co-workers and friends for a while now, but I'm always finding something new to help!

Something tells me I need to repost...

Add me, add me =p

Heh...I'm getting a suntan already :lol: Good ol' Cornish weater, I hope it stays like this :)

Gandalf, I need to make you a Helper Trainee on the old board also, so that you can see the old (now read-only) Boot Camp as well as the one here. Unfortunately there is another Gandalf registered there. Please PM me what name you register with at Old board

Do I have this issue also?

No Mere_Mortal, you were already a Helper Trainee there and should be able to see the old Boot Camp and follow any links to it. cnm

Edited by cnm

Hi cnm!

I need to rejoin too!

Thanks

Yes id like to help.

Good Day

Edited by cnm

Hi cnm, can you let me back in please, it's cold out here. :D Many thanks.

ditto! please allow me to contibute. SWI has been a huge learning experience (as a guest); & a huge help (now have a stable ME system).

thanks,

whocares, there is a member by that name on old board, is that you? (different email). If so, I'll make it a Helper Trainee also.

- there is a member by that name on old board, is that you? (different email).

- If so, I'll make it a Helper Trainee also.

Hi cnm,

- Probably it's me (changed my old Email used for Boards / the like cause it was misused by spammers)

- That'd be great thx B)

Let me in also... !!

With thanks !

Newkid !

I've lurked for a long time and educated myself. I've used a relatively popular column I have on another website to help people on the subject. Now I'd like to formalize my situation and get involved.

I'd love to help out some others if there's room to learn!

Thanks

Is there any free beer samples there? Ah what the hell, please add me to boot camp, should be fun to do it virtually this time.

Zach, is the Zach on the old board you? (different email address). If so I will make it a Helper Trainee also.

Would like to join. Have A+ certification and do repairs, installs and upgrades in customer's homes and/or offices. Seems recently (and increasing daily) 90% of my repair calls have to do with the junk out there on the internet. HJT has been invaluable in solving problems so as to avoid reinstalls and restores.Have been reading your site postings to solve problems. Now I would like to help others. Thanx to sites like these...S&D etc and HJT...hopefully the internet will be less treacherous.

I'd like to join the bootcamp, please.

Thank you for your consideration,

Theo

I'm very interested in learning about how to get rid of spyware, and in particular HiJackThis logs. Please enroll me in Boot Camp!

I would like to learn and do the boot camp. I will have more time in about 2 weeks when I stop teaching for the summer.

Man_Nxt_Dr