• Announcements

• Budfred

IE 11 copy/paste problem

It has come to our attention that people using Internet Explorer 11 (IE 11) are having trouble with copy/paste to the forum. If you encounter this problem, using a different browser like Firefox or Chrome seems to get around the problem. We do not know what the problem is, but it seems to be specific to IE 11 and we are hopeful that Microsoft will eventually fix it.
    • Budfred

UPDATE on Upgrade   02/07/2017

We were somewhat delayed on getting the upgrade done, but it looks like it will now be done in the next few days or possibly even later today.   There is one change coming with the new upgrade that may affect people when they log in. There will no longer be separate Usernames and Display Names. Your Display Name will now be the only name you have for the forum and, if you used your Username to log in, you will now need to use your Display Name. It is likely that everyone who visits after the upgrade will need to log in again, so please keep this in mind.   Update again - Feb 7 - We have completed the main part of the upgrade and we are working to tweak settings for the site.  It will probably take us a while, but we will eventually settle down to the way we want it.  In the meanwhile, your posts should be secure, but the look of the forum and some functions may change over time.
    • cnm

We backup daily at 9:00 PM Pacific Time   02/13/2017

You may notice the forum being unresponsive for a few minutes around 9:00 PM PST (11:00 PM CST, 5:00 AM GMT) while we back up the database.
    • cnm

Notifications blocked by Outlook.com, Hotmail, Live, etc   02/14/2017

Our notifications are blocked by those mail servers. If you have email address at Hotmail, Hotmail.uk, etc etc then you will not get notifications and need to manually check for new replies. We recommend Gmail.   The notifications won't even be in your Spam folder - they just go down a black hole.
cnm

The Boot Camp here, anti-malware training

4,009 posts in this topic

Hi i would really like to join this boot camp and learn how to maybe help others with these problems Thank you

I can help.

Rather than sending people to you, I generally use your forums for research, and then help people on my own.

I really hope to learn more about removing stray LSP entires from things like Shop at home.

Oh I have utilities to do it, but I want to learn at the registry level how these can be removed manually. Where do they reside.

See ya in class.

i think i could help.

i work in big-time company in as pc tech and security owner, so i often come across some nasty system inffections - i would like to get trained and be able to help my customers as well as your site visitors.

Hello

I need to be re-upgraded to a helper trainee from the old forum

thanks

Noone

Hi ALL,

I would love to be in the boot camp also - helping out At computer Cops and CNet.

Hi all,

I would also like to join in the fight, is this where I sign? Thanks.

Fruss (from pcg)

Do we get ranks like Private, PFC etc? ;)

Hi Fruss,

Welcome back to school.... You get ranks like Helper Trainee, Helper, Trusted Advisor, Expert and so on.....

Thanks Budfred,

Seems the problem is getting worse and not better and that your hands are quite full over at pcg so if I can get in on the act, it may lighten your load some.

Using SB-S&D and AdAware is easy, having up to date A/V and good firewall is simple enough to prescribe to posters but knowing what and when to remove things manually plus recognizing CWS when you see it is where I need the most schooling.

When's my first class? ;)

Edited by Fruss

I'd like to join as well, after sending hundreds to the forums here, as well as the forums for AdAware, Spybot S&D and Pest Patrol. Figure it's only right to help out when I've sent so many here for what is considered unsupported at work.

I haven't been around for a while (personal stuff), and only re-registered a few days back, but I would like to re-apply to the Boot Camp if possible.

Hi to all! (BIG SMILE)

Hey guys/girls, Im training over at the Spyware Warriors Forums, Could i be signed up please. Nice to meet you all :D

FrEeBaLLiN

I would like to join in the fight against idiots who mess up other people's computers for fun or profit.

Can you sign me up to be a Helper Trainee please?

Cheers!

:ph34r:

I would like to be a Helper Trainee.

Cheers :D

I see the status has been changed, what happens from here?

Go back up to cnm's post and click on the link....

Go back up to cnm's post and click on the link....

Thanks for that, I did just that right after making the post, and found the link...

Hi All,

This site has been a great help to me getting rid of almost all the malware. I still have a lot to learn and want to give back some help to others, so please sign me up for the boot camp.

Thanks,

boatman

I would like to join, it would be satisfying to learn how to help others. I was just helped by Daemon on how to get rid of a really pesky "Roings" malware.

If you have room for another trainee, I would like to join your boot camp!

I have been reading the newsletter for a long time. I have learnt a lot from it. I would like to give something back, in my spare time. Can I, please, join the bootcamp?

Hi,

I, too, would like to join to learn more about the HJT logs. I usually read and browse these forums only but I have just signed up in order to learn more.

I'd like to sign up to be a trainee. i've been lurking at these forums for a while. they've been really helpful and I'd like to learn more.

Sir, yes, Sir! I mean Ma'am, Sir!

Jack the Dog reporting from K-9 Corpse, requesting admittance to Boot Camp, Ma'am, Sir!

But seriously, folks, count me in. I've learned a lot in the last 2 weeks & even tough my system's clean (knock wood), I keep coming back & reading posts.

Sa-LUTE! ~ :wave:

I'll take the plunge :gah: Been lurking and sometimes posting for over a year. Wish I could get my join date and post count back tho. :hmmm:

Oh well. I've learned a lot and SWI is my number one resource for figuring out how to help others. :D

I'd like to go through boot camp. I like helping out on various forums and my day job is as a computer tech/consultant/etc. It seems like nearly everything these days is either caused by or complicated by this crap, so I might as well arm myself as well as possible for the fight.

Thanks.

I would very much like the chance learn more at Boot Camp. I want to give back some help, for all the help I needed in the past.

I see this as a great opportunity to do just that.

Thanks for considering me for Boot Camp.

-shortcut

I would love to give this a try, eliminating Spyware is something I have to do alot in my job and learning more and more about it can only help me further.

Cheers

Ben

Hi,

sent more than i can count to the good folks of this site for help.

would be great to contribute at this end!!

can i learn to please?! :D