• Announcements

• Budfred

IE 11 copy/paste problem

It has come to our attention that people using Internet Explorer 11 (IE 11) are having trouble with copy/paste to the forum. If you encounter this problem, using a different browser like Firefox or Chrome seems to get around the problem. We do not know what the problem is, but it seems to be specific to IE 11 and we are hopeful that Microsoft will eventually fix it.
    • Budfred

UPDATE on Upgrade   02/07/2017

We were somewhat delayed on getting the upgrade done, but it looks like it will now be done in the next few days or possibly even later today.   There is one change coming with the new upgrade that may affect people when they log in. There will no longer be separate Usernames and Display Names. Your Display Name will now be the only name you have for the forum and, if you used your Username to log in, you will now need to use your Display Name. It is likely that everyone who visits after the upgrade will need to log in again, so please keep this in mind.   Update again - Feb 7 - We have completed the main part of the upgrade and we are working to tweak settings for the site.  It will probably take us a while, but we will eventually settle down to the way we want it.  In the meanwhile, your posts should be secure, but the look of the forum and some functions may change over time.
    • cnm

We backup daily at 9:00 PM Pacific Time   02/13/2017

You may notice the forum being unresponsive for a few minutes around 9:00 PM PST (11:00 PM CST, 5:00 AM GMT) while we back up the database.
    • cnm

Notifications blocked by Outlook.com, Hotmail, Live, etc   02/14/2017

Our notifications are blocked by those mail servers. If you have email address at Hotmail, Hotmail.uk, etc etc then you will not get notifications and need to manually check for new replies. We recommend Gmail.   The notifications won't even be in your Spam folder - they just go down a black hole.
cnm

The Boot Camp here, anti-malware training

4,009 posts in this topic

Hi, I had joined Bootcamp, was collecting information and reading the Pinned items, etc., also watching how the logs were being done by experts, then I believe there was a change in the address, and I was no longer able to sign. I am also training at TomCoyote, "Classroom", and ChrisRLG suggested it would benefit me to continue at Bootcamp also. I have registered again, and am posting this information. Thanks, pskelley

I am interested in learning more about being a trainee/helper. Please add me to the list.

Thanks,

Mike

I am interested in becoming a helper/trainee. I am also trying to learn over in Tom Coyote, but seem a little lost and it was recommended that I come over here. Thanks.

Seeing how killing spyware has become my full time job, I'd love to be a helper/trainee. Thanks!

I would like to join the boot camp, so I can give something back to the community after receiving so much help.

I'd very much like to help out. I was ShannonLC on the old borad, for what it's worth, but hadn't volunteered for the boot camp at all yet there, so was just an ordinary member.

Sign me up for the Anti-Malware Legion.

If I'm from Canada, do I need to join the "peace-keeping" arm of the force? :D

If I'm from Canada, do I need to join the "peace-keeping" arm of the force?
We are all peace-keepers around here... we are just trying to stop the internet terrorists..... :hmmm::hmmm:

I just finished having one of your experts help me get rid of a nasty trojan. I'd like to learn more so that I might be able to help others do the same. Please include me in the next boot camp. Thanks!!

- Vintageport

I'm no computer expert, but I need to join this boot camp. Count me in.

I would like to learn as much as I can. Also contemplating a career change to a computer career if I can find one I don't need a lot of math for.

Shell91

I could have sworen i had already signed up on these forums before...

my name would have been somthing like andy-2004 , andy2004

But i cant find my username in the members list so i signed up again...or maby for the first time :huh::huh:

anyway id love to join in the fun at camp please :lol::cool:

EDIT: that was quick...10 mins max there...thanks

EDIT2: I can log in under my user name Andy-2004 and my old passowrd at the old forums adress.....is it because of the forum move i cant log in here...?

Edited by Andy-2004

I've been adviced to enlist here, so that's what I'm gonna do.

Edited by Nemesis6

"It never hurts to help"

- Eek the cat

Edited by SirPeter

I'd certainly like to apply to be a trainee helper.

I have an absolute passion for killing spyware, malware, and pretty much any other kind of crapware

Howdy,

I would like to get into boot camp in order to get a formal training. I'm AVPE host at CCSP but need the formal training to help with posted HJT logs in connection with AV Problems.

Hi. This is a great resource and I'd like to volunteer to help others rid themselves of this scourge.

I'm computer literate, if that helps.

I'm interested in being a helper, and have a fair amount of expertise. I can still be stumped, though. Check my post in malware removal on "shopnav" and "2020Search"-- that should give you some idea of my experience and educational needs.

Thanks!

I would like to sign up for the boot camp.

I have my own computer business, hang out at Lockergnome and I am a MVP.

Thank you.

Hello,

I would like to join your boot camp. I am a tech who owns my own business

serving the home, small business, and retirement community users. Most problems

I see out there are due to spyware and I would love nothing more than to contribute

to it's destruction.

Thank you!

Edited by ayrjet

I'm back! :bounce: Should I gravel at your feet to be let back in to boot camp, or will a please & thanks do? :rofl:

Edited by MJRx9000

I may be new here.. have some tech experience.. but that doesnt mean i know it all..

See things are getting reallllly busy here.. well if i can find the time to help others.. i guess some training is in order....

Visions of Dell training camps.. danced in my head...

....."Why haven't you gone home son?" - "I still don't know how to format a hard disk sir!" and "Your techno jargon has no effect on me!" (actually i do know how to format a disk, and a few other technical things.. .. but i think its a funny commercial all the same)

Sign me up..