• Announcements

• Budfred

IE 11 copy/paste problem

It has come to our attention that people using Internet Explorer 11 (IE 11) are having trouble with copy/paste to the forum. If you encounter this problem, using a different browser like Firefox or Chrome seems to get around the problem. We do not know what the problem is, but it seems to be specific to IE 11 and we are hopeful that Microsoft will eventually fix it.
    • Budfred

UPDATE on Upgrade   02/07/2017

We were somewhat delayed on getting the upgrade done, but it looks like it will now be done in the next few days or possibly even later today.   There is one change coming with the new upgrade that may affect people when they log in. There will no longer be separate Usernames and Display Names. Your Display Name will now be the only name you have for the forum and, if you used your Username to log in, you will now need to use your Display Name. It is likely that everyone who visits after the upgrade will need to log in again, so please keep this in mind.   Update again - Feb 7 - We have completed the main part of the upgrade and we are working to tweak settings for the site.  It will probably take us a while, but we will eventually settle down to the way we want it.  In the meanwhile, your posts should be secure, but the look of the forum and some functions may change over time.
    • cnm

We backup daily at 9:00 PM Pacific Time   02/13/2017

You may notice the forum being unresponsive for a few minutes around 9:00 PM PST (11:00 PM CST, 5:00 AM GMT) while we back up the database.
    • cnm

Notifications blocked by Outlook.com, Hotmail, Live, etc   02/14/2017

Our notifications are blocked by those mail servers. If you have email address at Hotmail, Hotmail.uk, etc etc then you will not get notifications and need to manually check for new replies. We recommend Gmail.   The notifications won't even be in your Spam folder - they just go down a black hole.
cnm

The Boot Camp here, anti-malware training

4,009 posts in this topic

I guess I need to be signed on as a helper in order to effectively 'help' people? I don't have tons of time, but I do use these sites a lot in my daily work helping clients, so perhaps I should give back some info?

Thanks!

Dem

i just got your e-mail cnm. i would like to join the bootcamp or whatever is needed to get a higher ranking thanks a lot

I am not sure how much help I can be because I am a hardware tech..I am not all that good with software..but if I can be of any assistance then I am happy to help...I build them but cant program them..

Hi,

I'm one of the Spanish translators of Spybot. I'd like to learn more in order to help Spanish people to remove spyware (there is no Spanish anti-spyware support on the internet).

I also think I could submit / report new threats found in Spain so Spybot can target them.

May I join the bootcamp?.

Regards,

Tony

Hi!

I would like to learn more on how to fight malware and help others through the process. CalamityJane directed me here after helping with a really nasty fight with about:blank and I mentioned that I wanted to find a place to start learning the ropes.

Thanks

I would like to volunteer. I am the owner of a small computer sales and support business which has been flooded with calls for the past few months from customers dealing with this problem. I have learned much from this experience and would like to learn more and help the cause you have all been fighting for.

Please enroll me in the Padawan training here via the Boot Camp. I am ready to learn, and look forward to taking the trials.

I'd be glad if I could become a "Helper Trainee", up to you if you wish so to be true.

BTW: Sorry I didnt notice this before. ^^;

Been lurking for several days now. I've learned plenty (enough to be dangerous) and I'm anxious to learn more. This site ROCKS! Lets fight these malware slimebags!

I have read the FAQ and registered. Please include me on the list of people willing to help users with computer security problems.

I've learned a lot by reading the forums & helping out friends & co-workers. Please add me to the Boot Camp. Thanks for all you do.

Hi everybody,

I would like to join the Boot Camp! Thanks a lot!

I've been helping people around my area informally for a little while now, and I think it's about high time I got some formal training. =)

I'd like to enter the Boot Camp.

-WF

could i can acces to boot camp, i would like to be a trainee.

i am trainee over at SWWarrior but i hear you have an even more extensive training forum ;)

Thanks SNAKE

Hi cnm

I would like to join as a helper traineee.

thank you

thyme

Greetings,

I've been pointed here by NonSuch & I would very much like to learn how to assist people reclaim their pc's from the dreadful infections...

Pls can I join?

Thanks,

Jtk

I too would like to be a trainee helper as I am ok with puters but virus and spyware is all new to me!

Where do we learn the ropes??

Thanks in advance

ukr

whats involved in being a helper?/

I would like to give it a try and become a trainee please?

could i please be admitted to das boot (camp)?

cheers,

mike*

(edit: i was a member, but the i couldnt find the bootcamp thread - it used to be on the main forum page, above 'malware removal', but now its gone.)

Edited by indiemike

You have been admitted some time ago. Refresh your browser window. You'll see the Boot Camp. Or click the link you will find in the first post of this thread.

hi cnm. thanks so much for helping me with my problem last time. i would like to become a helper trainee and give back to the community. please sign me up for bootcamp. what else do i need to do after being admitted? thanks again!

aw

I would love to give it a try anyway... cause seems so many need help when I am on..

Hi, I would please like to join the boot camp'

Nothing would make me happier than eradicating malware

-J