• Announcements

• Budfred

IE 11 copy/paste problem

It has come to our attention that people using Internet Explorer 11 (IE 11) are having trouble with copy/paste to the forum. If you encounter this problem, using a different browser like Firefox or Chrome seems to get around the problem. We do not know what the problem is, but it seems to be specific to IE 11 and we are hopeful that Microsoft will eventually fix it.
    • Budfred

UPDATE on Upgrade   02/07/2017

We were somewhat delayed on getting the upgrade done, but it looks like it will now be done in the next few days or possibly even later today.   There is one change coming with the new upgrade that may affect people when they log in. There will no longer be separate Usernames and Display Names. Your Display Name will now be the only name you have for the forum and, if you used your Username to log in, you will now need to use your Display Name. It is likely that everyone who visits after the upgrade will need to log in again, so please keep this in mind.   Update again - Feb 7 - We have completed the main part of the upgrade and we are working to tweak settings for the site.  It will probably take us a while, but we will eventually settle down to the way we want it.  In the meanwhile, your posts should be secure, but the look of the forum and some functions may change over time.
    • cnm

We backup daily at 9:00 PM Pacific Time   02/13/2017

You may notice the forum being unresponsive for a few minutes around 9:00 PM PST (11:00 PM CST, 5:00 AM GMT) while we back up the database.
    • cnm

Notifications blocked by Outlook.com, Hotmail, Live, etc   02/14/2017

Our notifications are blocked by those mail servers. If you have email address at Hotmail, Hotmail.uk, etc etc then you will not get notifications and need to manually check for new replies. We recommend Gmail.   The notifications won't even be in your Spam folder - they just go down a black hole.
cnm

The Boot Camp here, anti-malware training

4,009 posts in this topic

:) Good to see so many of the people that I sent a PM to, joining up :)

You'll find that this is a great place to learn how to fight spyware, a great team of support :D

im helping on computercops.biz and would like to possibly do so here. ive got expierence with HJT cws varients.ad and spy ware removal, protection. so please. stick my john doe on the list :)

I'd like to join the Bootcamp. I already have a lot of experience...would like to learn more.

Would appreciate admittance to the 'Boot Camp'.

Work with senior citizens having computer problems, most of which are adware/malware related.

Although retired, do enjoy reviewing HJT posts (maybe need head examined!!), and attempting to solve the unique problems they identify.

Thank you for the consideration.

Sign me Up!! I've been over at Wilders Security forums and wish to learn how to read HJT logs for myself!

Thanks

Hi!

I'd like to join the boot camp too. So many people have helped me with my problems, I'd like to be able to return the favor.

Hope to hear from you soon! :)

D

jgvernonco told me to come here to join the forces of good to fight the present evil of viruses and malwares...

Where do i sign?

Edited by numby

I would really like to become a trainee. I know there is so much to learn and I will gladly want to be able to figure these things out to help others.

Always ready to learn and help. Sign me up and put me in coach. :cool:

Share your knowledge, it's a way to achieve immortality

Hi, I'd like to get involved here... Already help a with hijackings on annoyances.org and I'm a C++ programmer... :D

I would like to exceed mij knowledge about spyware, and the program hijack this, i have already worked for quite some time with it, but i would like to learn more.

I am from holland, so forgive me if i dont always use the right words.

frank

I would love to join and learn more. I work as a PC tech right now, but I love learning new stuff.

I'd really like to learn more. I've been pretty much figure it out as I go for a while and it would be great to have a more complete source to learn from.

Thanks! :thumbsup:

I am a member over @ CCSP and spywarewarrior. I believe I am now ready to take on The Boot Camp. I have about 5-6 free hour a day while im at work (very slow period now, no workload, in between our summer projects) and more when I get home @ 5. I've had some requests from admins over at CCSP to do this and the classroom because they said they saw very good potential in me. So here I am, been wanting to do this for about a month now and finally I have the time to dedicate to learning how to stop these guys once and for all! :D

If you'll take me that is :bounce:

I'm Matt. I have just recently joined as a member.

I watch in amazement the work some of you do here and am grateful for some of the help and tips I have received in the past year and a half or so.

It seems more and more the conversations I am involved in daily are about computer issues and spyware, malware and viruses.

From the small amount I have learned from Merijn and forums like this I recognize the problems that I hear from what I read. I would like to learn more though.

If this is truly an at your own pace learning program then I would like to learn.

I too am new, but was invited to join the Boot Camp. Sounds interesting. I do this for a living (not just spyware/adware/malware stuff, general PC repair) and it seems I'm doing more and more spyware removals lately.

In fact, when CWS is dead and gone, I'll be a poorer person for it. Here's hoping I become poor soon. This particular one has still got me pissed off - or can you tell?

I'd like to join as a helper trainee if possible

hello,

reasonably familar w/spybot, adaware, hijack, and startup. would like to know more and sign up to be a trainee.

please send me further details.

thanks!

As a recent hijacked and cured victim myself I would like to throw my hat in the ring to assist in your noble venture. I did not sign up previously because I was unsure how much time I could dedicate to your cause. Despite a complete cure of my maleware I find myself drawn back to this site so I might as well put my time to use.

As my children say SpongeBobSquarePants says, "I'm ready, I'm ready, I'm ready eady eady eady!"