• Announcements

• Budfred

IE 11 copy/paste problem

It has come to our attention that people using Internet Explorer 11 (IE 11) are having trouble with copy/paste to the forum. If you encounter this problem, using a different browser like Firefox or Chrome seems to get around the problem. We do not know what the problem is, but it seems to be specific to IE 11 and we are hopeful that Microsoft will eventually fix it.
    • Budfred

UPDATE on Upgrade   02/07/2017

We were somewhat delayed on getting the upgrade done, but it looks like it will now be done in the next few days or possibly even later today.   There is one change coming with the new upgrade that may affect people when they log in. There will no longer be separate Usernames and Display Names. Your Display Name will now be the only name you have for the forum and, if you used your Username to log in, you will now need to use your Display Name. It is likely that everyone who visits after the upgrade will need to log in again, so please keep this in mind.   Update again - Feb 7 - We have completed the main part of the upgrade and we are working to tweak settings for the site.  It will probably take us a while, but we will eventually settle down to the way we want it.  In the meanwhile, your posts should be secure, but the look of the forum and some functions may change over time.
    • cnm

We backup daily at 9:00 PM Pacific Time   02/13/2017

You may notice the forum being unresponsive for a few minutes around 9:00 PM PST (11:00 PM CST, 5:00 AM GMT) while we back up the database.
    • cnm

Notifications blocked by Outlook.com, Hotmail, Live, etc   02/14/2017

Our notifications are blocked by those mail servers. If you have email address at Hotmail, Hotmail.uk, etc etc then you will not get notifications and need to manually check for new replies. We recommend Gmail.   The notifications won't even be in your Spam folder - they just go down a black hole.
cnm

The Boot Camp here, anti-malware training

4,009 posts in this topic

Hey! I'd also like to help people out. I've been helping my close friends and nieghbors for a while now and it would be nice to help some others too.

I was going to e-mail you guys about starting a training area but you guys already have done it! I've been busy so I haven't been able to e-mail you but it's great that you already have a boot camp set up.

I would like to help out since I know how frustrating it can be to deal with hijacks and spyware.

Good job on the boot camp idea !

I just recently signed up for the Spyware Info Newsletter and I would love the opportunity to learn a thing or two about how to find, destroy and fight spyware.

Count me in as a trainee please!

Any knowledge I gain here will also help me in my job (tech support for an ISP).

Hi, I am new to the forum although I have been visiting the site for several months now. I would like to volunteer to become a helper trainee.

Hello,To all

Yes i would like to be part of this if you.

will have me that, is i have no idea how

to go about this. so any help at all please

Gday :wave:

Edited by Rootkit

I notice the staff here seems to be swamped. I would really like to learn how to help myself and others. I am tired of being frustrated with these malware distributors. Rather than just getting irritated, I figure it would be more productive of me to see if I could help others and perhaps work toward dropping the hijackers profit a bit.

Edited by Novadistortion

HI! :wave:

I would like very much to become a helper trainee!

Thanks! I'm looking forward to learning and helping.

:keybrd:

Hello,

I would to apply as a Helper.

I'm up for a new challenge, count me in.

I'd like to give this a try, keeping in mind that time is limited. Of course you can relate to that since you are forming this boot camp to enlist soldiers. I've been cleaning spyware off a lot of systems for a long period of time and rely on sites like this to keep me up on the new stuff. I might as well try and help when possible. Some of this new stuff showing up though is kicking my butt at times.

I would to like to be a Group: Helper Trainee.

Edited by Baris

Howdy all. I would love to join the boot camp and be able to help others like you all are doing right now. Tis a shame when anyone cannot surf the net without all these problems. Is just not right.

Thanks for all your good advice.

Hello,

I have lots to learn, but I would like to help others with these horrible spyware problems. I have helped numerous family members rid their systems of nasty spyware.

I feel for innocent people that do not have the same resources.

Kind Regards,

Cspina

Edited by Cspina

Count me in. I can't even count the number of computers I've dealt with that have spyware/adware problems.

Tim

Happy 4th...

I'd appreciate the chance to learn more and help out.

Thanks

Hey guys/gals

I was previously in the boot camp.... but somehow lost my way.

Please allow me re-admittance.

Tank863

I'd like to join up, and hopefully learn some more things about HJT logs and other spyware topics. Thanks ;D

I am always willing to learn more. Also love to be of help to others. Sign me up! :D