Problems with Mcafee

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 I Paintball

I Paintball

• Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 30 May 2004 - 09:49 PM

Mcafee seems to be tweaking out. For the past year, (since I got cable based connection and installed it), Mcafee has been a little too generous in blocking internet use to programs I use frequently, such as AIM, and outlook express. I click the box 'Yes, Always' to give that program access to the internet, but Mcaffee never listens to me. Even when i open it up and go under the list of programs allowed and manually give it permission it still asks. This gets really annoying when Windows Update (for windows '98) tries to access the internet. It has to do this daily, and about 4-6 mcaffee windows pop up every time, and i give it permission every day. If anyone can help me, I would appreciate it very much, because this annoyance has gone on too long!

#2 I Paintball

I Paintball

• Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 14 June 2004 - 10:42 AM

Anyone got an idea?

#3 stormfield

stormfield

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 29 June 2004 - 11:03 PM

I never used Mcafee, but had gobs of trouble from Norton. Also had some issues with an IIS server when using Zone Alarm. I decided to go with a router firewall by Buffalo technologies and am happy so far.

Sorry I couldn't be more help.

#4 I Paintball

I Paintball

• Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 07 August 2004 - 05:02 PM

up

#5 Untouchable J

Untouchable J

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 205 posts

Posted 08 August 2004 - 09:56 AM

Hey

I'm an Mcafee FW user but it have never given me that problem. My advise is to post your problem in the Mcafee Support forums where it would get more attention:

Mcafee Support Forums

Sorry I couldnt help more but goodluck!

-J

#6 I Paintball

I Paintball

• Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 09 August 2004 - 02:30 PM

Thanks I'll try that.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Member of ASAP and UNITE