• Please log in to reply
160 replies to this topic

#151 Lunarsolarpower

Lunarsolarpower

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 19 March 2010 - 01:45 PM

Hi CNM,

My name is Phil. I met Mike at VOP; we used to interact quite a bit. Had a lot of fun with him. I was active here for a few years (username Phil originally) when he started SpywareInfo. At one point, the board was moved or something, everyone had to re-register their accounts, and while I was MIA, my username was taken by someone else.

Mike really put his heart into "Fighting the good fight". Like all the "Old crew", my heart really went out to him, and I deeply respect you for what you went through. It's ancient history, but I'll always remember your courage, your heart, your leadership. My deepest gratitude to you, for keeping SpywareInfo going.

Best wishes.

#152 cnm

cnm

Mother Lion of SWI

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,317 posts

Posted 19 March 2010 - 01:58 PM

Thank you, Phil. It's good to hear from an old friend of Mike.

phil hasn't been seen since 2004. Would you like me to delete that member so you can have the name?

Microsoft MVP Windows Security 2005-2006
How camest thou in this pickle? -- William Shakespeare:(1564-1616)
The various helper groups here
UNITE

#153 Lunarsolarpower

Lunarsolarpower

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 22 March 2010 - 11:38 AM

That's a tempting offer! I really appreciate that.

I like the username I'm using now, so I'll stick with Lunarsolarpower. It refers to an article, Solar Power Via The Moon, published in The Industrial Physicist Magazine, written by Dr. Criswell.

Criswell is a space systems expert. His system to provide electricity would power our planet, at rates about ten times less than current rates, and would take less than ten years to start up, with profitability in less than fifteen years.

There simply isn't any other way for the coming growth in world need to be met. This was well documented in Criswell's presentation to the World Energy Council, 18th Congress in Buenos Aires, back in 2001.

It's a practical solution that needs to be included in the national discussion. Implementing it would directly impact economic development and social stability worldwide.

Hence, the username Lunarsolarpower.

I hope wherever Mike is, I pray he's well.

Take care, CNM. I'll be around.

Phil

#154 L00N3R

L00N3R

• Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 23 May 2010 - 03:40 PM

I was looking through MBAM's forums, when I saw a thread about malware training. There were links to many forums, but I settled at spywareinfo, since BC had enough trainees. :)
A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that."

#155 Hollyter

Hollyter

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 09:57 PM

I am quite new here.
I come across spywareinfoforum via Google.

:rolleyes:

#156 ~DarkBlade~

~DarkBlade~

Malware Killer

• Helper Trainee (A)
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 07:34 AM

Found this site through UNITE

#157 Kosh Vorlon

Kosh Vorlon

• Helper Trainee
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 09:42 PM

I just received my MVP in Consumer Security last month. I thought adding malware-removal certification would be a useful addition and another way to help people in ways I cannot today. I learned long ago to become the best, you need to be trained by the best. I started by checking for how certification worked and found my way to UNITE. Once there, I saw the list of sites that offered training that they sanctioned - a list of "the best" - and there was this site. The rest is history (or, given how new I am here, the rest is yet to come).

Kosh. MVP-Consumer Security. MCSE, MCSA, Network+, A+, MCC2011, MCP Vista/XP.
Nothing is ever hopeless or impossible!

#158 Espionage

Espionage

• Helper Trainee
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 11 August 2013 - 02:55 AM

I learned of this website through ComputerHopes' thread about fighting against malware.

#159 art248

art248

Advanced Member

• Helper Trainee
  • PipPipPip
  • 102 posts

Posted 06 January 2014 - 12:05 PM

well i was searching on good old google lol for an issue that i was having. wasn't even sure that it was an infection or not when apparently someone had roughly the same issue as me which google showed a link to this forum.

tried fixing the issue myself, didn't work, came back here registered & my heartfelt gratitude to TheJoker who took the time and effort to assist me and help resolve the issue. learnt a bunch of security things from this forum and how to better protect myself online :D

i'll be checking back here often to read up on various issues :) this is a good site, keep up the good fight. i'll definitely recommend this place to my friends who might need help or just looking to read up on computer security :thumbup:  all the best guys  

#160 jude24

jude24

• Helper Trainee (A)
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 12 March 2014 - 10:52 AM

Through google. Just searching for any solution about spyware...Find some sites but I found the solution here.

#161 AwesomeLife

AwesomeLife

• Helper Trainee
  • Pip
  • 29 posts

Posted 19 March 2014 - 10:20 PM

I posted on a private forum for online folks about some simple security steps (I do a bit in cleaning up hacked websites) and someone mentioned BC.  I'd been to BC before, had looked at malware training in the past, but lost the links for traininng...

When I found BC (again), I saw that they had a training program, but it didn't seem to be open...discovered UNITE and from UNITE, spywareinfoforum ...

Thanks!

Ann

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Member of ASAP and UNITE
Support SpywareInfo Forum - click the button