I recieved a letter from church the other day,..

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Ghost_*

• Guests

Posted 01 June 2004 - 09:07 PM

It reads,..

Dear Ghost,

We are sending you this letter on behalf of the Elders of Trinity CRC. We remember that you are a baptized member of our congregation. In baptism, God promises the children of believers to be their God and Saviour. At the same time, the elders and congregation made a promise to God that we will pray for you and encourage you to respond in God's promises by growing in faith and living according to God's will.

In the last few years we have had irregular contact with you. We have made several unsuccessfull attempts to contact you over the past year. The Elders of Trinity CRC have decided that if we do not hear from you in 90 days, we will lapse your membership.

Lapsing your membership is a reversable action, which states that you will no longer be a member in good standing of this congregation. A lapse in membership at Trinity CRC implies no judgement of your relationship with the lord. It is a recognition that you have separated yourself from this congregation and no longer give us the opportunity to encourage you in your faith.

We wish to assure you that we pray for you and are available to discuss this letter and encourage you in your walk of faith.

May God bless you richly as he has promised.

My reaction is: I thought it was supposed to be 7 years for someone who went missing to be officially pronounced dead

#2 Gwyrox732

• Helper
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 514 posts

Posted 01 June 2004 - 09:34 PM

No offense (to Ghost, the "Elders", or anyone else) but that is the stupidest letter I have ever read...oh, ok, perhaps there was a bit of offense intended to the "Elders" I mean, what is this, Morrowind?
Quote from Original CWS Article at SWI: "There could be other domains involved in the future." ... We've come a long way since then

Malware esan mala, ji mi disaman. SWI ji kikan ekster!

PM me if you know what that says. Whoever gets it right gets put here!
Bagman wins, good job!

#3 Archon_Wing

Donut Patron

• Trusted Advisor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 368 posts

Posted 02 June 2004 - 08:45 PM

Uhh... -_-

Edited by Archon_Wing, 02 June 2004 - 08:47 PM.

Rights are never important until you don't have them.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Member of ASAP and UNITE
Support SpywareInfo Forum - click the button