4 replies to this topic

#1 Bobbi Flekman

Bobbi Flekman

The computer whisperer.

• Retired Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,357 posts

Posted 03 June 2004 - 06:47 AM

An online friend on another board came up with the following question. Does anyone have an answer or hint or whatever?

Ive got a problem. I have Norton Internet Security and Anti Virus. I have AOL which has AOL/Google as a search. I have Internet Explorer 6. Everything is updated. Windows is XP, which is also updated.
My problem is The AOL search will not work while my Norton Internet Security is on. I click on the toolbar search button and the search page comes up. I type in what i want to search for and hit the search button. Then a page comes up "This Page Cannot Be Displayed" but with the NIS off it works.
I go directly to Google or IE or Yahoo and all those searches work fine with no problems. All other web pages work. Ive reinstalled AOL so thats not it. Its something to do with my settings in the Norton Internet security, and I cant figure out what it is. I tried to contact them (NIS) but they are giving me the run around. And it takes 3-4 days each time to get a reply. unless I want to pay for tech help (Screw That)!

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks.

#2 mr bones

mr bones

• Emeritus
  • Pip
  • 66 posts

Posted 03 June 2004 - 02:39 PM

Read This and see if it helps.

#3 Bobbi Flekman

Bobbi Flekman

The computer whisperer.

• Retired Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,357 posts

Posted 04 June 2004 - 02:50 AM

Thanks, I've relayed the link. Let's see if it works

#4 Shan

Shan

• Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 06 June 2004 - 10:29 AM

I have what appears to be the same problem, only with LiveJournal being the domain I have trouble accessing. Any page on the site comes up with a "page cannot be displayed," but sometimes it works if I refresh several times. Since all other pages work fine, the link mr bones gave wasn't a help (sorry!). I've tried adding LJ's IP address into the Trusted Zone of Norton Personal Firewall's settings, but the issue still occured. Any ideas, anyone? I really don't like having to turn my firewall off while web-surfing, even just for that one domain.. I trust LJ, but who knows what else could try to attack. _;

#5 mr bones

mr bones

• Emeritus
  • Pip
  • 66 posts

Posted 06 June 2004 - 12:34 PM

Shan, please post a Hijack This log in the Malware forums with details of your problem. This thread is for Bobbi Flekman.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Member of ASAP and UNITE
Support SpywareInfo Forum - click the button