Twaintec.dll

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Ernie Hodge

Ernie Hodge

• Pip
  • 23 posts

Posted 03 June 2004 - 04:00 PM

I have seen this twaintec mentioned a couple of tiomes in the Malware Removal section and never found an answer there about it being Good, Bad or Ugly. I didn't recognize it and had HighjackThis remove it but it comes right back. I think it is tcvdcq.exe that reinstalls it but I'm not sure. Can anyone enlighten me?

#2 thyme

thyme

• Pip
  • 93 posts

Posted 03 June 2004 - 04:25 PM

Hi Airsled

Here is a link that tells you what twaintec is and how to remove

http://www.pestpatro.../twain-tech.asp

#3 Ernie Hodge

Ernie Hodge

• Pip
  • 23 posts

Posted 03 June 2004 - 07:05 PM

Thanks for the link thyme. I went through that process and couldn't find the files except twaintec.dll. It says it is locked and can't be deleted. I read in here somewhere about a program that would fix a file so it can be deleted. Do you know where I can find that info? I will keep looking in here and check back here later. Thanks for your help.

#4 Ernie Hodge

Ernie Hodge

• Pip
  • 23 posts

Posted 03 June 2004 - 08:14 PM

OK, I got it this time. It turns out there was a little program in my c:\windows\system32\ folder called tcvdcq.exe that would reload everything when I powered down my computer. I found "numerous" copies of the file twaintec.dll in "numerous" folders by doing an advanced search (all hidden files and folders) and deleting them manually. There was another file called twaintec.cab and a small program in one of the folders called preott.exe(sp)(sorry). I was so glad to get rid of it I forgot to write it down.

It was the Killbox program I was looking for and I found it in another post in Malware Removal under "Can't get rid of malware" by xxBrianxx on 03 June 04.

This thing was a reall pain. I hope nobody has to go through what I just went through.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Member of ASAP and UNITE
Support SpywareInfo Forum - click the button