• Announcements

• Budfred

IE 11 copy/paste problem

It has come to our attention that people using Internet Explorer 11 (IE 11) are having trouble with copy/paste to the forum. If you encounter this problem, using a different browser like Firefox or Chrome seems to get around the problem. We do not know what the problem is, but it seems to be specific to IE 11 and we are hopeful that Microsoft will eventually fix it.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
malikf

whenu weather program alternative

9 posts in this topic

My girlfriend won't remove whenu from her laptop because she loves having the outside temperature displayed in her taskbar. That weathercast is powered by whenu and won't work without that garbage software installed. She's even willing to put up with the "save" popups to have that feature.

What I really need is an adware/spyware free program that displays the outside temperature as the whenu parasite does. Then I could remove whenu from her laptop but still have the temperature displayed as she likes.

I recommend "WeatherWatcher." This is an excellent ad-ware free and spyware-free application. It will put the temperature in your system tray. It is free, but donations are very much welcomed. You do not even have to register it. It will update hourly.

http://www.singerscreations.com/

After considerable debate, I choose to use "Weatherbug". It is free, but you must choose a sponsor every month for a one day ad in the interface. It will update in real-time and is more local than "WeatherWatcher." Ad-Aware and Spybot used to identify it as spyware, but no longer do so.

If you want a weather program freeware that gives you it all, COMPLETELY WITHOUT ATTACHMENTS, This One Deserves A Close Look!!!

WEATHER PULSE

Theres no way to be disappointed with this app. It replaced weatherbug for me eons ago.

Thanks for all the replies. I started with the first one recommended - Weather Watcher by singer creations - and my girlfriend liked it so much that we kept it and didn't look any further. I was very happy to then rid her PC of whenu's weathercast, "save" and other garbage. Thanks again for all the recommendations. I've installed WeatherWatcher on my own PC too. It's great.

Edited by malikf

I'm glad you like WeatherWatcher! It is run by a super nice guy who strives to improve it all the time. They have a good forum if you ever have questions or need help. He gets his raw data from weather.com and is pretty light on resources.

I just downloaded weather watcher. I love it! Ill probably donate in the next few weeks when Im not as poor. I love to see spyware free alternatives :D

I just downloaded Weather Pulse, and I have to recommend this software if you are looking for an easy to use weather application packed with features. It's freeware(totally free!), and has absolutely no spyware included.

check it out @ http://www.tropicdesigns.net/

Unfortunately, I can't use Weather Watcher. Installing is no problem, but the update via weather.com is way to slow and blocks my internet surfing.

Nevertheless a good weather program, probably better than our guessing weatherman on Belgian TV.

Edited by ErikAlbert