Pre-Purchase "Good Advice"

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
54 replies to this topic

#51 Nikos113

Nikos113

• Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 25 April 2006 - 10:58 PM

1st of all thx mitch the starter of this (I hope I got the right name) .

concerning your tip i have to agree with the second HD with a plus a 6-8 month ago i got a new machine:

P IV 3 GHZ
(Dual Core)
1 GB Ram
256 Nivdia Graphics Card
DVD-R
160 GB HD

Now im thinking of getting an extra HD.

(I didnt read every post in this thread so pardon the repetition if this was mentioned earlier)
Now concerning the OS CD if we are talking windows when buying a new PC you will get special price from M$ so if it isnt bundled with your PC just ask for it with no OS and call your local M$ dealler. (If you cant find one jut go there website and a quick search you will find a page asking for your location and it will give you the number to call)

#52 burt

burt

burtandstan

• Pip
  • 28 posts

Posted 18 August 2006 - 03:44 AM

Hi if i can add a little to this topic, i own a pc business and am happy to reccomend a SFF system for all the people out there that fancy a crack at building there first home PC. Its called the e-bot and its from Foxconn who are well renown for there m/boards. At 92+vat they represent great value and can be ordered over the web or bought from high street shops, i have put a link on the spec of these pc,s here only to help, please dont think im trying to sell cause im not . Having put a lot of these things together im a lover of the simplicity of the e-bot also if you shop around you should be able to pick up an oem copy of XP for around 35.00 when bought with a SFF system(small form factor).

Hope this helped

http://www.hothardwa...p...d=630&cid=8

#53 falmayahi

falmayahi

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 01 July 2007 - 03:39 PM

thanks a bunch mitch, ill be sure to look back at this for help with my next PC :)

faisal

#54 Guest_GetInvolved_*

Guest_GetInvolved_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 November 2007 - 06:55 AM

I purchased my computer 4 years ago. Before it was running perfectly.

I found out that my Compaq computer only had 224MB RAM, and ever since I found that out, my computer has being crashing constantly. I'm ready to get the baseball bat and give it a good hit. :gah:

#55 Tuxedo Jack

Tuxedo Jack

Creator of TuxPE, a Cat5-o'-9-Tails, Etherkillers, and more

• Expert
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,757 posts

Posted 04 January 2008 - 03:05 AM

If you're going to buy a prebuilt computer system, seriously consider buying a business-grade machine.

The computer companies' chain of thought is as follows: "Ah, piss off one home user, so what? We lose a grand five years from now. Piss off a corporate client? YOU IDIOTS, THAT'S A HUGE DEAL!"

As such, they tend to put better hardware and better support into corporate machines.

For Dell, that's the Latitude, Optiplex, and Precision lines. HP and Compaq have the NX series of machines, and anything else is a joke except Sager.
Signature file is under revision. This will be back shortly.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Member of ASAP and UNITE
Support SpywareInfo Forum - click the button