• Announcements

• Budfred

IE 11 copy/paste problem

It has come to our attention that people using Internet Explorer 11 (IE 11) are having trouble with copy/paste to the forum. If you encounter this problem, using a different browser like Firefox or Chrome seems to get around the problem. We do not know what the problem is, but it seems to be specific to IE 11 and we are hopeful that Microsoft will eventually fix it.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
D3AD_ST4R

Desktop Problem.

3 posts in this topic

Okie... new here. Hello. Hi. Anyway, yesterday I opened my computer and there was this huge spyware desktop on my screen. I freaked a little, because there were some inappropriate pictures on them. o_o !! So I right click and hit properties to see where it came from, and I kinda deleted the file known as desktop.html .. and their images ... but the thing is: I might did something bad. You see, when I restarted my computer, instead of that spyware thing... it had a huge white thing blocking it now ... and I can't seem to get it removed. I did the properties thing, and it says desktop.html ... weird. I may did something wrong, but this thing is killing me! Help ? Thanks ..

- Amy

I had the same issue with my desktop being hijacked. My desktop was changed to some security ad. When I right clicked on the desktop, it looked like a webpage. The properties were that of a html file. The shortcut read c:\windows\web\desktop.html.

I deleted the 'desktop.html' file and had the same effect, a blank white flashing webpage for a wallpaper. After hours of searching and trying every spyware, adware, and virus removal tool with no success, I finally went to the desktop properties in the control panel. On the Desktop tab, there's a 'Customize Desktop' button at the bottom. On the 'Web' tab, you'll see a place where you can list websites you would like to use for wallpaper. You'll also see the listing of the 'security' website that was placed there. DELETE IT.

I hope this helps anyone else out there that was hit with this one. What a pain.

John

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0