Desktop Problem.

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 D3AD_ST4R

D3AD_ST4R

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 04 June 2004 - 09:22 PM

Okie... new here. Hello. Hi. Anyway, yesterday I opened my computer and there was this huge spyware desktop on my screen. I freaked a little, because there were some inappropriate pictures on them. o_o !! So I right click and hit properties to see where it came from, and I kinda deleted the file known as desktop.html .. and their images ... but the thing is: I might did something bad. You see, when I restarted my computer, instead of that spyware thing... it had a huge white thing blocking it now ... and I can't seem to get it removed. I did the properties thing, and it says desktop.html ... weird. I may did something wrong, but this thing is killing me! Help ? Thanks ..

- Amy

#2 thyme

thyme

• Pip
  • 93 posts

Posted 05 June 2004 - 12:57 PM

Hi

you could post an hi-jack this log for people to look at and try help you remove this problem.

here is link for download

http://tomcoyote.com/hjt/

#3 g.ryde

g.ryde

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 15 June 2004 - 11:31 PM

I had the same issue with my desktop being hijacked. My desktop was changed to some security ad. When I right clicked on the desktop, it looked like a webpage. The properties were that of a html file. The shortcut read c:\windows\web\desktop.html.

I deleted the 'desktop.html' file and had the same effect, a blank white flashing webpage for a wallpaper. After hours of searching and trying every spyware, adware, and virus removal tool with no success, I finally went to the desktop properties in the control panel. On the Desktop tab, there's a 'Customize Desktop' button at the bottom. On the 'Web' tab, you'll see a place where you can list websites you would like to use for wallpaper. You'll also see the listing of the 'security' website that was placed there. DELETE IT.

I hope this helps anyone else out there that was hit with this one. What a pain.

John

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Member of ASAP and UNITE
Support SpywareInfo Forum - click the button