Photo

Clicking on links in O.E. do not open in I.E. !!

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 not_a_bozo

not_a_bozo

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 05 June 2004 - 10:24 AM

Greetings!

As the subject says, I am able to click on links within an Outlook Express email, but the links do not activate into opening in Internet Explorer.

I have run Ad-aware, SpyBot S&D, Hijack This, and a full scan of the C: drive using McAfee Antivirus *See NOTE below* (which found 2 things "not cleanable" which I chose to "remove" - and which were).

*NOTE* ... McAfee Security Center was installed without UNinstalling an expired version. When attempting to remove the Security Center and the expired version, the removal processes did not come to completion (Security Center was not removed). Checking with McAfee's site, I followed specific directions to remove all McAfee remains before redownloading and reinstalling McAfee's Antivirus.

Any help here?
Thanks in advance!

not_a_bozo

#2 thyme

thyme

• Pip
  • 93 posts

Posted 05 June 2004 - 11:03 AM

Hi not_a_bozo

Here is a link which may help you resolve your issue

http://support.micro...464&Product=oex

#3 not_a_bozo

not_a_bozo

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 05 June 2004 - 11:49 AM

:bounce: Wow! ... that link did help with the solution to part A of this problem.

THANKS, Thyme! :weee:

Now, perhaps this other part (Part B) will ring a bell (and maybe it will be found as a solution in the same link info but my knowledge of the File Assocations is not that versed so I ask ...)

Going to a site on the Internet, using I.E. 6, and clicking on a link ...

"Error on page" (yellow exclamation point within a while icon shaped like a sheet of paper)

any clues as to this problem

Again, MUCH thanks, Thyme!

not_a_bozo

#4 cnm

cnm

Mother Lion of SWI

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,317 posts

Posted 05 June 2004 - 12:18 PM

This problem also posted by not_a_bozo at http://forums.tomcoy...wtopic=9879&hl=

Microsoft MVP Windows Security 2005-2006
How camest thou in this pickle? -- William Shakespeare:(1564-1616)
The various helper groups here
UNITE

#5 not_a_bozo

not_a_bozo

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 05 June 2004 - 12:25 PM

It's not appropriate to submit problem to two forums? Or, are they linked somehow and only one submission is necessary?

thanks!
not_a_bozo

#6 cnm

cnm

Mother Lion of SWI

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,317 posts

Posted 05 June 2004 - 12:27 PM

It's ok. Just posted a note so that if someone is helping you elsewhere we don't spend time on it here. We are kind of swamped. Pretty much the same crew at all these forums, so you don't usually gain anything by posting in multiple forums.

Microsoft MVP Windows Security 2005-2006
How camest thou in this pickle? -- William Shakespeare:(1564-1616)
The various helper groups here
UNITE

#7 thyme

thyme

• Pip
  • 93 posts

Posted 05 June 2004 - 12:32 PM

Hi

Glad link helped :D

"Error on page" (yellow exclamation point within a while icon shaped like a sheet of paper)

I think this is either a page fault or something to do with restrictions within internet explorer you may have set?

I get this sometimes page loads but with errors, sometimes i think it may have something to do with my pop up filter. Have tried to search for proper answer but no results yet. If i find anything printed will post back reply.

#8 not_a_bozo

not_a_bozo

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 05 June 2004 - 12:39 PM

Thanks, Thyme. I have been searching too for the error with similar (no relevant) results. If I find something, I will post here, too.

not_a_bozo

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Member of ASAP and UNITE
Support SpywareInfo Forum - click the button