• Announcements

• Budfred

IE 11 copy/paste problem

It has come to our attention that people using Internet Explorer 11 (IE 11) are having trouble with copy/paste to the forum. If you encounter this problem, using a different browser like Firefox or Chrome seems to get around the problem. We do not know what the problem is, but it seems to be specific to IE 11 and we are hopeful that Microsoft will eventually fix it.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Roland of Gilead

Install Norton A/V Pro and PC dials up constantly

2 posts in this topic

Ok, my pals computer was riddled with spyware (450+) and other crap - I cleaned it all up, updated everything and went to install Norton A/V 2003 Pro - all went well, reboot and upon Win 98 rebooting a dialup window is constantly popping up.

I've tried EVERYTHING, but alas - I cannot find what is causing this.

I've used an online scan at www.trendmicro.com, AdAware, Spybot, CWShredder and numerous other apps but I cannot find out what is causing this. :grrr:

Any suggestions would be hugely appreciated.

If you need more info, just let me know.

TIA!

welcome to the world of made for Cable Modem programs. These things always want to call home for the latest upgrade every time you boot. Often checking don't auto update is in vain. I take it it didn't do this until you installed this new version. trojans, Adware, Yahoo messenger, weatherbug, and on and on all want to call home.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0