System crash

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 genius069

genius069

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 06 June 2004 - 11:03 PM

My system keeps freezing and the only way to get it back up is to turn it off manually(hold power for 5 sec) or restart button.

So far I can only get it to happen when i am playing games or i try and run a system scan(virus scanner or adaware type scan). I can surf all i want fine, play with photoshop, watch dvds and so on. I know it is not the power supply cuz it happens with other ones i have too. The power supplies are good quality(sparkle and antec). They also push enough watts (400 &500). Also the RAM combo is not a problem, the problem still occurs if it is running a either 512 stick, or the 256 stick alone. I tried some mushkin 512 from a friends system and still happens.

When the system crashes, it freezes up everything and then the sound starts screeching and looping.

System specs
AMD 1800+
MSI KT3 ultra-br (6380e)
2 x 512mb Crucial DDR
1 x 256mb Kingston DDR
WD 100gb
Maxtor 160gb
GF3 Ti200
Belkin NIC
SB Audigy Platinum
Integrated Bluetooth

System Temps:
Processor 50-55 C
System 40-45 C (always 10 below processor)

Is there a program that will keep tabs on everything that is going on in a system? Something that will tell me if it is a driver issue or not. Can a over heated video card cause this too?

Thanks

#2 spencersa

spencersa

• Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 06 June 2004 - 11:20 PM

well one prob that mayy not be the prob your talking about but it is not good to mix brands of hard drives and also a good , no very good program that keeps u sucure is norton system works and my favorite spy sweeper. try that and remember not to mix hard drives. and what kind of programs does it crash on specificly (names) thanx.

#3 genius069

genius069

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 06 June 2004 - 11:57 PM

I know I can make it crash for sure on the following programs

Ad-Aware
Trend-micro online virus scanner
Enemy Territory
Prinston tales

Gonna try the following programs later this week
Return to castle wolfenstein
UT2k4
Stronghold

I know it is not good to mix brands. I have a maxtor in there as temp storage so I can back all my files up due to this problem. This happened even before I put that HD in. As far as the ram is concerned I am ran 2x512mb crucial for about 3 days and it still did that, same thing with my friends 512 mushkin.

#4 spencersa

spencersa

• Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 07 June 2004 - 12:14 AM

try running the programs i told yo and then give me a feedback of what it found. the programs were spy sweeper and norton antivirus

#5 genius069

genius069

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 07 June 2004 - 05:34 PM

Spysweeper adn norton antivirus both crash the system also.

#6 spencersa

spencersa

• Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 07 June 2004 - 05:52 PM

well on spy sweeper you can make it so before your comp compleatly boots it scans. this should work

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Member of ASAP and UNITE
Support SpywareInfo Forum - click the button