Apology to Mr Mike Healan

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 blacksquirrel

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 07 June 2004 - 02:32 AM

To the good people at SWI,

I just tried to send the following as an email to forums@spywareinfo.com but it bounced back with an auto-reply message. Anyway, I hope someone will be kind enough to pass my message on to Mr Mike Healan. It seems that I annoyed him and one "noggie" when I entered the SWI chatroom earlier today with an enquiry about Aluria. Stupid me had not realized it was not a freeware program. I would like to sincerely apologize to Mr Healen for any offense caused as he referred to me as a "troll" and booted me out of the chatroom. As I mentioned upon entering the room, I am a non-tech savvy newbie with a miniscule knowledge of computers and spyware et al. I therefore regret that I upset people there because of my ignorant failure to understand that Aluria is not for free and I had very rudely asked whether it might be a scam. Alas, I even rudely persisted in asking why the link to Aluria does not mention that it costs money.
Given the enormous amount of free time devoted by administrators and experts to helping people here, I now realize the gravity of my erroneous assumption and am very sorry for what must have appeared to be pedantic troll-like arrogance/rudeness.
Very sincerely,
Ken Yeung.
(ps - being in Indonesia, which is home to many internet scams and online credit card rip-offs, I hope you will not think even more badly of me.)

Edited by blacksquirrel, 07 June 2004 - 02:54 AM.

#2 cnm

Mother Lion of SWI

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,317 posts

Posted 07 June 2004 - 11:58 AM

That is a very handsome apology, blacksquirrel.

Welcome to the forum!

Microsoft MVP Windows Security 2005-2006
How camest thou in this pickle? -- William Shakespeare:(1564-1616)
The various helper groups here

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Member of ASAP and UNITE
Support SpywareInfo Forum - click the button