My computer is constantly restarting.

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 vybz-marshall

vybz-marshall

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 07 June 2004 - 06:16 AM

Hey people my computer keeps restarting, even when i don't click restart or shutdown. Sometimes when the computer is booting up, it suddenly restarts. :scratchhead: I have no idea what's going on but i need help fast!
Please, anyone with this problem and can help me, please reply.

vybz-marshall

#2 gr8techie

gr8techie

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 07 June 2004 - 06:27 AM

hi, vybz-marshall,
since when are u experiencing this problem ? has it started occurring recently or is it a persistent one?
in any case reboot into safe mode and then run a virus check with your anti-virus to make sure no virus is responsible for this behavior! also please try to download adaware and spybot-sd. they are really good also download HijackThis and then while in safe mode do a scan with HijackThis and then post you log here so that help can be provided correctly! :)

#3 vybz-marshall

vybz-marshall

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 07 June 2004 - 06:42 AM

Hi qr8techie. This problem has been occuring since the start of the year. I have Spybot-SD and HijackThis. I will do as u say and post my log of Hijackthis. Thanks for the help.

#4 mom2nine

mom2nine

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 07 June 2004 - 08:01 AM

My daughter had the same problem! I take it that you are running Win2K or WinXP? Look in your startup folder for reboot.exe, that is one culprit we found. She was on a cable connection and running Norton's Antivirus, but didn't have any prevention for spyware/adware/malware on her computer. There were so many bugs in her system that the only real solution was to reformat and reinstall Windows. We spent hours cleaning and fixing stuff, but in the long run, she felt better starting with a clean slate. She burned all her needed files onto a CD and did the reformat/reinstall and it's been running great ever since. So this might be a better option.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Member of ASAP and UNITE
Support SpywareInfo Forum - click the button