13 replies to this topic

#1 cnm

cnm

Mother Lion of SWI

• Retired Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,317 posts

Posted 08 June 2005 - 08:38 AM

I think it would be good to have the section stand out more, as a separate entity. Possibly bold white text on dark blue background? Or a wide dark blue frame?

http://www2.spywarei.../category/news/
Microsoft MVP Windows Security 2005-2006
How camest thou in this pickle? -- William Shakespeare:(1564-1616)
The various helper groups here
UNITE

#2 Buzz1927

Buzz1927

Son of Glyndwr

• Retired Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,443 posts

Posted 09 June 2005 - 01:54 PM

Possibly bold white text on dark blue background?

That makes my eyes hurt.

#3 Swandog46

Swandog46

Forum Deity

• Retired Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,190 posts

Posted 09 June 2005 - 02:44 PM

I think you'd be surprised, Buz. Light text on dark background is actually easier on the eyes, for most people --- looking at a light-colored computer screen is what hurts. Just think about trying to read something while staring directly at a light bulb :)

#4 Buzz1927

Buzz1927

Son of Glyndwr

• Retired Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,443 posts

Posted 09 June 2005 - 03:17 PM

I see your point, Swandog. Maybe I need glasses.

#5 regnew

regnew

Malware Shall Die In My Wrath

• PipPipPip
  • 112 posts

Posted 09 June 2005 - 10:16 PM

I understand what you mean Buz.

But, it is very hard on the eyes to read this!
The IQ test of malware came back negative.

#6 hawksrus

hawksrus

• Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 10 June 2005 - 04:55 AM

Catherine & Mike,

Great idea. Love the format. The concept of sharing the browsing power of 40,000+ members is excellent. I look forward to the finished product.

Keep up the great work. :D

kind regards,
Tony

"Nonviolence is the greatest force at the disposal of mankind. It is mightier than the mightiest weapon of destruction devised by the ingenuity of man."

Mohandas K. Gandhi
Oct 2, 1869 to Jan 30, 1948

#7 Noggie

Noggie

Advanced Member

• Retired Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 120 posts

Posted 11 June 2005 - 09:54 AM

Thanks for the comments - I will draw them to Mike's attention. - Since the announcement in the last Spywareinfo newsletter (June 10, 2005), I have been absolutely astonished with the reader response. For example, suggested news stories are in the Spywareinfo email just minutes after those stories are filed by various press outlets. Just minutes. The Spywareinfo readers are amazing. Please continue to send the articles that you want to share:

http://www.spywareinfo.com/email2.php

There is a saying that 'all politics is local'. It seems that with the reach, power and speed of the internet, 'all news is local'. - Thanks for your support for this new BETA section of Spywareinfo. - There have been even a few comments made on some of the news articles posted. I am hoping that increases. Our goal is to have the SWI readers/visitors participate in this process and make the news section interactive. Imagine the possibilities!

Catherine

#8 Noggie

Noggie

Advanced Member

• Retired Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 120 posts

Posted 30 June 2005 - 10:17 AM

For those who have asked, the news section is located at this URL still:

http://www2.spywarei.../category/news/

Thanks again for all your interest in the Spywareinfo news section. Mike has indicated that he wants it to continue.

Catherine

#9 dave38

dave38

Devout Murphyite!

• Retired Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,508 posts

Posted 15 July 2005 - 12:48 PM

Carry on with the good work! I have posted comments, but only about UK isuues, as I know more about them. Good to read the US stories tho'
Be wary of strong drink. It may make you shoot at tax collectors, and miss!
Please support SWI forum

#10 jedi

jedi

aequam memento rebus in arduis servare mentem

• Retired Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,830 posts

Posted 15 July 2005 - 01:45 PM

Yes, do carry on, I read it regularly, though time constraints mean I haven't posted comments.
jedi

My help is free, but if you wish to help keep these forums running please consider a donation, see This Topic for details.

#11 picard_uk

picard_uk

Forum Deity

• Trusted Advisor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 19 July 2005 - 03:14 PM

Hi Noggie,

I read regularly and never post a reply. Sorry for the latter, :whistle: . I, for one, appreciate the effort and I'd still like you to keep us informed. :D :cool:
Every day's a school day....

I offer my services in these forums as a volunteer.
You can help support these forums.

ASAP member since 2005 Alliance of Security Analysis Professionals

#12 LadyN

LadyN

• Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 28 August 2005 - 12:57 PM

I read the news articles all the time and pass on the info I find out I also have to say Thank YOU so much for the Spyware prevention article that told me to "ditch IE!!!" I did and it was the best thing I have ever done!! I have no more spyware and I run a daily check. Please continue to inform us so we can protect ourselves. I hope to be able to contribute financially soon.

God Bless You

NIchole

#13 spy1

spy1

SWI Junkie

• PipPipPipPip
  • 484 posts

Posted 10 September 2005 - 09:27 AM

Yes, please DO keep the "News" section open and going, I enjoy it and I think a lot of other people do, too. Pete

#14 Noggie

Noggie

Advanced Member

• Retired Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 120 posts

Posted 11 September 2005 - 08:57 PM

Thank you for your comments and your emails. The encouragement is so much appreciated. - In reading these news stories and selecting what should appear in the news section, it strikes me daily how powerful this internet tool is - and possibly dangerous. Mike has started a Spywareinfo blog so that his comments can be more immediate on 'breaking' news. The Spywareinfo blog can be found here:

http://www2.spywarei.../category/blog/

Please let me know if you have any suggestions - and thanks again!

Catherine

Member of UNITE
Support SpywareInfo Forum - click the button