• Announcements

• Budfred

IE 11 copy/paste problem

It has come to our attention that people using Internet Explorer 11 (IE 11) are having trouble with copy/paste to the forum. If you encounter this problem, using a different browser like Firefox or Chrome seems to get around the problem. We do not know what the problem is, but it seems to be specific to IE 11 and we are hopeful that Microsoft will eventually fix it.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
livinglavidaloca

Winamp5 Full

9 posts in this topic

Hi all!

I'm contemplating on downloading said media player and am wondering if it contains spyware. Is there a way i can check before i download it? Any reviews or interesting experiences with winamp5? :unsure:

Thanks for your feedback! ;)

i,ve got it. and spybot,ad-ware-spysweeper have never found any thing on it. i would say by those its clean. unless somebody found something else.

Just turn off the "Report Anonymous Usage Statistics" and "Check for Updates" and deny any of the AOL stuff it tries to install - then you'll be okay.

Personally, I stuck with 2.8.1.

I use 5...just uncheck the AOL Stuff during install..if you forget..just delete the Icons. I like 5..but, it can be slow on startup & it also hangs on shutdown....50/50 it will go unresponsive. But, I like the look, so I deal.

Having 1 post looks strange....lol...I guess I need to hang out more that the Forum is new again.

:rolleyes: Thank you superheros fighting the great fight against spyware for your valuable information. I will take everything you've all shared into consideration.

Another query for you sages is how can i fully get rid of that invasive wmp9 crap off my system all together? I tried to recycle it and then install wmp7.1 but i wasn't able to.

Any ideas? :huh:

If you're on XP or ME, you can't. You're SoL. 98 and 2K can, though.

You always have WMP 6.4, though.

Start - Run

mplayer2

Then hit OK.

If you're on XP or ME, you can't. You're SoL.

If you have ME or XP..you have to do a System Restore back to before you had WMP9...that is the only way....also, I'm not sure because I have WMP8, but there is a "mplayer2" there also...all WMP run off of a WMP 6.4 core....so you can always use that.

I do have windows xp. I guess i am sol.

mplayer2 is a neat trick. Thanks for the tip. Interestingly enough wmp9 wasn't bugging me until something called "Wild Tangent" laid it's hooks into my system and i finally figured out how to get rid of it but then my wmp9 wouldn't work and than i did a system restore and that did the trick.

Thank you lion7718 and Tuxedo Jack for your valued input.

monica