screen area settings-driving me crazy:bounce:

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 family.time

family.time

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 08 June 2004 - 11:28 AM

:bounce: I am having a problem that I can't locate a resolution for. My pc was recently hijacked. The first sign of the problem was the icons on the desk top were huge and internet sites are almost unreadable. Also everything is grainey. The screen area settings should be set to 256 color and 800 x 600, but they are set at 16 bits color and 640 x 480. I have tried everything to get this changed back to the correct setting. I have used Adware, spyware blaster, spy bot s&D, hijackthis and spyware guard. I am at my wits end. Has anyone had this problem that can assist. I have read the FAQ and any other info that I could find readable. Please Help help. :wtf:

:rofl:

#2 dave38

dave38

Devout Murphyite!

• Emeritus
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,508 posts

Posted 08 June 2004 - 03:59 PM

Have you tried resetting the screen resolution and colour depth from the Control Panel>display>settings?

If they cannot be set to your old resolution, it is probable that the video driver files have been corrupted.
Be wary of strong drink. It may make you shoot at tax collectors, and miss!
Please support SWI forum

#3 family.time

family.time

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 08 June 2004 - 05:33 PM

Dave38 thanks for your response :thumbsup: I've already tried to make the changes that you are suggesting. However, you do have a good point about the video drivers maybe corrupt. How do I correct them? Can I download them from microsoft.com. I am at such a loss. If there's anyone else that has a few suggestions as well, I would welcome them. Thanks again Dave38. :D

:rofl:

#4 dave38

dave38

Devout Murphyite!

• Emeritus
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,508 posts

Posted 08 June 2004 - 06:14 PM

To reinstall the video drivers, you must first know what video card you have.
Try looking in Control Panel>System>Device manager, and see if the display adapter tells you what card is fitted.
Then look for the needed files at http://www.video-drivers.com/, or a Google search will show other sites.

Once the drivers are downloaded, clicking the "update driver" button on the dispay adapter properties tab in Control Panel and pointing it at the new files should do it.
Be wary of strong drink. It may make you shoot at tax collectors, and miss!
Please support SWI forum

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Member of ASAP and UNITE
Support SpywareInfo Forum - click the button