Curious about ad-aware settings

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 lynne

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 09 June 2004 - 04:14 AM

I just read the following thread - http://www.spywarein...?showtopic=5433 - in the Malware Removal channel, in which a member has been told by a Trusted Advisor, NonSuch, to put the following settings on ad-aware. Should I also be putting these settings on ad-aware to maximize its efficiency?

Click here to download Ad-Aware and install. Before scanning click on "check for updates now" to make sure you have the latest reference file. Then click the gear wheel at the top and check these options:

General> activate these: "Automatically save log-file" and "Automatically quarantine objects prior to removal"

Scanning > activate these: "Scan within archives", "Scan active processes", "Scan registry", "Deep scan registry", "Scan my IE Favorites for banned sites" and "Scan my Hosts file"

Tweaks > Scanning Engine> activate this: "Unload recognized processes during scanning."

Tweaks > Cleaning Engine: activate these: "Automatically try to unregister objects prior to deletion" and "Let Windows remove files in use after reboot."

Click "Proceed" to save your settings........

Edited by lynne, 09 June 2004 - 04:16 AM.

#2 Scoff

SWI Junkie

• Retired Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 294 posts

Posted 13 June 2004 - 07:52 AM

Yes, do that. Its an optimal scan setting.

We've heard that a million monkeys at a million keyboards could produce the complete works of Shakespeare; now, thanks to the Internet, we know that is not true. - Robert Wilensky

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Member of ASAP and UNITE
Support SpywareInfo Forum - click the button