Run either of these free online virus scans.
Run HijackThis, click on "Scan" and then place a check mark in the following boxes, And click on "Fix Checked":
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Windows Update] C:\WINNT\mstaskss.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Microsoft Internet Explorer] C:\WINNT\system32\IEXPLORE.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [RunDLL] rundll32.exe "C:\WINNT\Downloaded Program Files\bridge.dll",Load
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ist service uninstall] C:\WINNT\msstasks.exe /u
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [windll32.exe] C:\WINNT\system32\windll32.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [WCPC] C:\WINNT\system32\wintsvcc.exe
The following is optional to delete as it is a resource hog:
O4 - Global Startup: Microsoft Office.lnk = C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office\OSA9.EXE
Please reboot into safe mode - How do I boot into "Safe" mode?
The following FILES
and DIRECTORY CONTENTS (But not the directory)
need to be deleteed while in safe mode. Make sure your settings allow you to view "Hidden files". Open up any explorer windows and click on "Tools" => "Folder Options" => "View" and be sure to check off "Show Hidden Files and Folders". If the files etc lised are not present - Do not worry, just delete those that you can find. If no path is lited, you may need to search for the file(s) - To search, click on "Start" => "Search" => "For Files and Folders" .> "All Files and Folders" and type in the file name. You can delete it right from the search results window.
- DIRECTORY CONTENTS (But not the directory)
- C:\Documents and Settings\<Your Profile>\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\ <=This will delete all your cached internet content including cookies. This is recommended and strongly suggested.
- C:\Documents and Settings\<Your Profile>\Local Settings\Temp\
- C:\Documents and Settings\<Any other users Profile>\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\
- C:\Documents and Settings\<Any other users Profile>\Local Settings\Temp\
- Empty your "Recycle Bin"
- C:\WINNT\Downloaded Program Files\bridge.dll
- PURITYSCAN.EXE <= You will have to do a search for this file
Reboot again and log in normally, repost a new HijackThis log into this message for further review.