• Announcements

• Budfred

IE 11 copy/paste problem

It has come to our attention that people using Internet Explorer 11 (IE 11) are having trouble with copy/paste to the forum. If you encounter this problem, using a different browser like Firefox or Chrome seems to get around the problem. We do not know what the problem is, but it seems to be specific to IE 11 and we are hopeful that Microsoft will eventually fix it.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
AplusWebMaster

Mozilla Updates Firefox Web Browser

10 posts in this topic

FYI...

- http://www.techweb.com/wire/story/TWB20040610S0004

June 10, 2004

"The Mozilla Foundation on Wednesday posted a new Release Candidate (RC) version of Firefox for download, taking the free stand-alone browser one step closer to completion...Since Firefox is still in pre-release form, the majority of the changes in 0.9 RC are tweaks and bug fixes. Firefox remains on track for a final release later this year. The 0.9 RC edition of Firefox can be downloaded from the Mozilla Web site - http://www.mozilla.org/

Also this week, the foundation released the third, and "hopefully final candidate" for Mozilla 1.7, the refresh of its browser/e-mail suite. Dubbed RC3 (for Release Candidate 3), it too can be downloaded free from the site."

Do you know why the Firefox setup shows the 0.9rc d/l to be version 0.8 - not 0.9rc - or why the site shows exactly the same 0.8 page for the 0.9rc version?

The post below were the result of the board timing out and I thought they had not gone through - sorry.

:wave:

Edited by Freebird

Many thanx for the link, apluswebmaster. :D

Got the zip and installed the new 0.8.0+ (0.9rc). Very nice, it seems a lot 'smoother' in operation, and loads very fast. The readme states to instal to a seperate folder from the 0.8 to avoid conflict, which means if something does go wrong, the original is still there, unchanged.

It also imports all your personal settings and bookmarks, so no tedious reconfiguring. All in all, I'm impressed. :D

:wave:

Edited by Freebird

I'm sure it's just me, but I followed that link and got 0.8 again. It's gone, I'll wait for the 0.9 "final".

I think this is a common issue with your cache &/or history. Before going back to the 2nd link, clear history & cache & you should be allright to get the latest version... :D

Very nice, it seems a lot 'smoother' in operation, and loads very fast.

Firefox (& Firebird before that) does take a while to show up on screen, how much faster does the new version open, & can you elaborate on how it is smoother ? ?

TiA