• Announcements

• Budfred

IE 11 copy/paste problem

It has come to our attention that people using Internet Explorer 11 (IE 11) are having trouble with copy/paste to the forum. If you encounter this problem, using a different browser like Firefox or Chrome seems to get around the problem. We do not know what the problem is, but it seems to be specific to IE 11 and we are hopeful that Microsoft will eventually fix it.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
VashonDude

This is scary

6 posts in this topic

I found this ad at a website (411mania.com) I go to frequently. If you put the cursor anywhere on the ad (top part of picture), a dialog box (bottom part of picture) shows up. Fortunately IE plugin won't install if you click on Cancel. Have there been known cases where something can install just by placing your cursor on an ad?

-- LB

post-31-1086925956_thumb.jpg

It's called a mouseover, and if you have scripting enabled in Internet Explorer it can do anything a mouseclick can.

(As far as hyperlinks are concerned.)

The banner itself I recently searched is Intelligent Explorer, that is likly the maker of the toolbar also, and it is best to block or put the Toolbar URL on the restricted sites list because I found it is using other domains to prevent the Restricted sites issue that most spyware is still getting around, just a heads up guys.

also trying to find it on the View Source thing is usless it's code is hidden from view.

If you guys are also concerned on it here is the URL on this virant, http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcen...e.ieplugin.html

Edited by ChaoGuy

Yeah, Flingstone tried this on animelyrics.com a while back. It doesn't work if you turn off Javascript.

There is a toolbar that automatically installs just by visiting a website. The I-lookup trojan bar installs by using unpatched security holes in MSIE.

A quick correction to what Tuxedo Jack said. (No offense.)

Just about any kind of web-scripting will enable mouseovers, not just Javascript.

Scripting can also try to execute files (such as installing a BHO), but unless it utilizes a security flaw, you will be prompted for an accept.

Edited by Misereor