Tool bar search tool loads on start up

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Gray Stroke

Gray Stroke

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 11 June 2004 - 12:07 AM

Well guys having used Spy Bot S&D latest and great, Pest Patrol and Evidence eliminater I still get the search tool bar to auto load.
I' ve gone to the tool bar and went to properties and it is unchecked.

Also have turned off the restore function and even repeated the cleaning process in safe mode in XP-Pro.

I get this: DSO files and registry changes. it shows cleaned up in Sby Bot but when another check is done it's still there! arrrrgh :grrr:

Both machine the laptop and desk top just went thru a fresh format and reinstall with all the update service packs and then the tools added: Kerio firewall, Grisoft AVG, S&D, csw shredder, pest patrol and still have this search tool bar show up.

Every so often I get this off the wall search browser that take over but the tools clean this up for a while.

Sheesh I'm at wits end, any ideas would be reatly appreciated I can't go thru another 4 days of reformatting both machines and reloading it all. I'v got school in a few weeks!

Thanks

Gray Stroke

#2 BugabooBob

BugabooBob

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 27 June 2004 - 11:17 AM

I'm curious, Gray Stroke,,,

Is the off-the-wall search browser that keeps taking over THIS one?

http://www.008i.com

If it is, go up top to the search box and search for MSITS.EXE

Then read my response to Jahrim's "Help Please". Hopefully, it will help you out.

Bob

#3 Gray Stroke

Gray Stroke

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 30 June 2004 - 09:29 PM

Hey man thanks for the reply but it used to be the "BLAZEFIND" webpage.
After many clean ups I still get the DSO exploit on both machines. I forgot which one replied to post the 'Hijack this' log but was very disappointed because the logs never showed the registry keys of the DSO exploits.

I do however have the logs of the S&D logs after the clean-up so I'll post it and see what you guys think.

These keys showed up in both of my machines and in two others that I have worked on for my co-workers home machines, so anyone's help would be very much appreciated.

here we go:

DSO Exploit: Data source object exploit (Registry change, fixed)
HKEY_USERS\S-1-5-18\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\Zones\0\1004!=W=3

HKEY_USERS\S-1-5-21-1547161642-854245398-1228696483-1003\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\Zones\0\1004!=W=3

HKEY_USERS\S-1-5-20\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\Zones\0\1004!=W=3

HKEY_USERS\S-1-5-19\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\Zones\0\1004!=W=3

HKEY_USERS\.DEFAULT\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\Zones\0\1004!=W=3

Interesting but a manual search for these keys turned up a big blank! hmmmm..stumped!
Again thanks folks ;D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Member of ASAP and UNITE
Support SpywareInfo Forum - click the button