US Seek

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 TippmannMan

TippmannMan

• Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 11 June 2004 - 11:13 AM

Well I've never had this happen to me before but I restarted my computer and opened Internet Explorer. When I entered a domain address it sent me to www.usseek.com IE then proceeded to freeze to the extent where it says (Not Responding) and all but the X button are grayed out. Right clicking on the taskbar proved no effect either. CTRL+ALT+DEL took a few minutes (yes minutes) to come up but by that time IE was back to normal. I closed the window and then restarted IE and everything was working fine.

So basically my point is I've never had something which intercepted my destination and then proceeded to freeze my computer. Coincidence for the freeze maybe but I'm a little concerned about the interception cause US Seek had all the characteristics of a shady malware packed site. Any ideas?

#2 TippmannMan

TippmannMan

• Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 13 June 2004 - 02:56 PM

Only 6 reads after 2 days :unsure: Now I have singled out that this only occurs when I visit www.newgrounds.com

This is very strange since searching the Newgrounds BBS produces no results for USSeek or US Seek. And it ONLY happens when I visit Newgrounds.

#3 TippmannMan

TippmannMan

• Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 13 June 2004 - 05:40 PM

Help

#4 TippmannMan

TippmannMan

• Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 13 June 2004 - 06:25 PM

I really doubt I have stumbled upon something nobody has ever seen before. If you don't know how to fix it but you've SEEN it please leave a message

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Member of ASAP and UNITE
Support SpywareInfo Forum - click the button