• Announcements

• Budfred

IE 11 copy/paste problem

It has come to our attention that people using Internet Explorer 11 (IE 11) are having trouble with copy/paste to the forum. If you encounter this problem, using a different browser like Firefox or Chrome seems to get around the problem. We do not know what the problem is, but it seems to be specific to IE 11 and we are hopeful that Microsoft will eventually fix it.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
thrasher4811

scan disk will not finish

4 posts in this topic

as the title says, when I try to run the scan disk (thorough mode) it stops and starts repeatedly. I then get a screen that says sd has started ten times. it says that something is trying to write to windows but i do not have anything but the bare necessities open. should i run the sd in safe mode?

That's pretty routine. If there's anything running on your computer (even benign stuff like antivirus), and that software accesses the hard drive, then scandisk will restart.

Going into safe mode will help, as will closing down everything (including your screen saver) that's running. Once you have shut down all legitimate programs, scandisk will run.

Well, you do need to keep Explorer running or Windows will crash. And the system processes are OK. It just software listed in applications that usually cause the problem.

Remember, though: Scandisk fixes very little. It's good to do it from time to time for top performance, but if you're having any actual problems (i.e., slow computer), the difference won't be noticeable.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0