• Announcements

• Budfred

IE 11 copy/paste problem

It has come to our attention that people using Internet Explorer 11 (IE 11) are having trouble with copy/paste to the forum. If you encounter this problem, using a different browser like Firefox or Chrome seems to get around the problem. We do not know what the problem is, but it seems to be specific to IE 11 and we are hopeful that Microsoft will eventually fix it.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mistersmittyedmonton

"about:blank" removal alternative?

6 posts in this topic

This is my first post here so I hope I'm in the right forum.

I too have the "about:blank" hijack page and for me it does not seem to be doing any harm other then the annoyance of not being able to have my "start" page the way I like.

Since it seems to be quite the thing to remove what is the alternative to getting rid of it?

1)Re install certain programs?

2)Re-install Windows?

3)Format the hard drive?

???

In other words if I can live with "about:blank" being my start page is there any reason(s) to be concerned?

After reaching your preferred home page, have you tried to set it as the default ? Or are you saying that you're not even capable of keeping that option, once you re-open IE, when you go into Tools>Internet Options>General tab, and click on 'use current' ?

Yes I've done everything that I've read here and in other forums.I've read in this forum of someone having it for 6 months and it not doing any harm.I don't want to reformat at this time only because I've done a couple other machines(not with similiar problems) and I'm a litte "tired" of formatting.

In 2 or 3 weeks I probably will if I can't find a solution.(I reformat every 6 months or so.)

HI do you have any programs that maybe protecting your home page settings? such as spybot? there maybe a box that needs to be unchecked so you can reset your homepage,and then enable protection again after its set. as far as reformatting every 6 mo have you considered using a image making program like norton ghost to image the disk when its running ok?that way if you get hit with a virus or something goes really wrong you can restore the image in a few minutes.

Hoodlum

if you are running xp home, its an easy fix for now? go into all programs,acessories,scroll down to sys tools,then to sys restore,follow insturctions and set restore date back to before about.blank occured. wallow, a-fnnn. blank is GONE !!! Hope it works Mahalo, jj7urank.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0