• Announcements

• Budfred

IE 11 copy/paste problem

It has come to our attention that people using Internet Explorer 11 (IE 11) are having trouble with copy/paste to the forum. If you encounter this problem, using a different browser like Firefox or Chrome seems to get around the problem. We do not know what the problem is, but it seems to be specific to IE 11 and we are hopeful that Microsoft will eventually fix it.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Wildfire

Spy stuff through LiveJournal?

4 posts in this topic

I was browsing through my friends list in Livejournal and noticed a couple of them had the same post... apparently someone is infecting people with something or other through LiveJournal.

Don't know all the details, but here's what I got so far:

Post looks like:

interesting...

this is very interesting.

This, of course, contains a link to a website. I will post it on request, but I'm reluctant to because I don't want anyone clicking it on accident.

According to what I've read through my friends, it apparently sends your LJ info to whoever's running the website, and makes that post in your journal. Don't know the technical details as of yet, but I'll keep looking.

-WF

I don't know if this is related, but I got infected around the time I was browsing LJ. One of the communities had a message something like "Can anyone see this". While looking at it my IE crashed.

This scare has been proven to be false so no worries. None of your information was sent to the creator of the loophole and the security flaw has since been fixed by LJ staff. There's a link floating around somewhere that explains more about this but I'm currently at work and LJ is probably a blocked site on my computer so try looking in one of the LJ maintaining communities.