Spy stuff through LiveJournal?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Wildfire

Wildfire

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 12 June 2004 - 08:16 PM

I was browsing through my friends list in Livejournal and noticed a couple of them had the same post... apparently someone is infecting people with something or other through LiveJournal.

Don't know all the details, but here's what I got so far:

Post looks like:

interesting...
this is very interesting.

This, of course, contains a link to a website. I will post it on request, but I'm reluctant to because I don't want anyone clicking it on accident.

According to what I've read through my friends, it apparently sends your LJ info to whoever's running the website, and makes that post in your journal. Don't know the technical details as of yet, but I'll keep looking.

-WF

#2 AmazingRich

AmazingRich

• Pip
  • 45 posts

Posted 12 June 2004 - 10:20 PM

I don't know if this is related, but I got infected around the time I was browsing LJ. One of the communities had a message something like "Can anyone see this". While looking at it my IE crashed.

#3 BetterOffDead

BetterOffDead

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 14 June 2004 - 05:49 PM

This scare has been proven to be false so no worries. None of your information was sent to the creator of the loophole and the security flaw has since been fixed by LJ staff. There's a link floating around somewhere that explains more about this but I'm currently at work and LJ is probably a blocked site on my computer so try looking in one of the LJ maintaining communities.

#4 Wildfire

Wildfire

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 14 June 2004 - 09:21 PM

Good to hear.

-WF

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Member of ASAP and UNITE
Support SpywareInfo Forum - click the button