• Announcements

• Budfred

IE 11 copy/paste problem

It has come to our attention that people using Internet Explorer 11 (IE 11) are having trouble with copy/paste to the forum. If you encounter this problem, using a different browser like Firefox or Chrome seems to get around the problem. We do not know what the problem is, but it seems to be specific to IE 11 and we are hopeful that Microsoft will eventually fix it.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Judderman

about:blank & count.cc

6 posts in this topic

Hello all,

I've used all the software as recommended by those on this forum in an effort to try and remove this rather irritating hijack. Boy if I could get my hands on the person who made it :grrr:

Anyway, i've had absolutely no luck whatsoever in trying to remove it. On loading internet explorer it switches to a page that says "search for" the links all point to count.cc

If anyone can give me any advice as to how I remove this sucker i'd greatly appreciate it. I fear my computer may also have a trojan of some kind on it too - when my computer locks itself automatically when the screensaver loads, and i unlock it, mcafee says startpage-cz virus was detected in some system volume folder and I can't delete it. I've tried searching for it in safe mode with no luck. I wish I knew what to do.

Can you please download HijackThis from this link, install it into C:\HJT. Run it, click on scan, save log and please post your entire log here for analysis.

Thank you.

Thank you - here we go...hope this helps.

Logfile of HijackThis v1.97.7

Scan saved at 1:15:58 AM, on 6/15/2004

Platform: Windows XP SP1 (WinNT 5.01.2600)

MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP1 (6.00.2800.1106)

Running processes:

C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe

C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe

C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe

C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe

C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe

C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe

C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe

C:\WINDOWS\System32\spm\spmd.exe

C:\Program Files\McAfee\McAfee VirusScan\Avsynmgr.exe

C:\WINDOWS\System32\drivers\CDAC11BA.EXE

C:\Program Files\DCPFLICS\DCPFLICS.exe

C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\VS7Debug\mdm.exe

C:\Program Files\McAfee\McAfee VirusScan\VsStat.exe

C:\Program Files\McAfee\McAfee VirusScan\Vshwin32.exe

C:\WINDOWS\System32\nvsvc32.exe

C:\Softimage\XSI_4.0\Application\bin\raysatxsi4_0server.exe

C:\WINDOWS\system32\r_server.exe

C:\Program Files\McAfee\McAfee Shared Components\Guardian\CMGrdian.exe

C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe

C:\Program Files\Java\j2re1.4.2_04\bin\jusched.exe

C:\Program Files\Winamp\winampa.exe

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Real\Update_OB\realsched.exe

C:\Program Files\McAfee\McAfee Shared Components\Instant Updater\RuLaunch.exe

C:\sfmgr\sfmgr.exe

C:\Program Files\MSN Messenger\MsnMsgr.Exe

C:\WINDOWS\System32\ctfmon.exe

C:\Program Files\McAfee\McAfee VirusScan\Avconsol.exe

C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe

C:\WINDOWS\System32\Tablet.exe

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Network Associates\McShield\Mcshield.exe

C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe

C:\WINDOWS\System32\wuauclt.exe

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Bar = res://C:\WINDOWS\System32\piehba.dll/sp.html (obfuscated)

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = res://C:\WINDOWS\System32\piehba.dll/sp.html (obfuscated)

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Search,SearchAssistant = res://C:\WINDOWS\System32\piehba.dll/sp.html (obfuscated)

R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Bar = res://C:\WINDOWS\System32\piehba.dll/sp.html (obfuscated)

R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = res://C:\WINDOWS\System32\piehba.dll/sp.html (obfuscated)

R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Search,SearchAssistant = res://C:\WINDOWS\System32\piehba.dll/sp.html (obfuscated)

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,HomeOldSP = about:blank

O2 - BHO: (no name) - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 6.0\Reader\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.dll

O2 - BHO: (no name) - {53707962-6F74-2D53-2644-206D7942484F} - C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy\SDHelper.dll

O2 - BHO: (no name) - {CF110F74-A2F8-44B9-A28A-44E6E8571AB7} - C:\WINDOWS\System32\piehba.dll

O3 - Toolbar: &Radio - {8E718888-423F-11D2-876E-00A0C9082467} - C:\WINDOWS\System32\msdxm.ocx

O3 - Toolbar: McAfee VirusScan - {ACB1E670-3217-45C4-A021-6B829A8A27CB} - C:\Program Files\McAfee\McAfee VirusScan\VSCShellExtension.dll

O3 - Toolbar: (no name) - {62999427-33FC-4baf-9C9C-BCE6BD127F08} - (no file)

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NvCplDaemon] RUNDLL32.EXE C:\WINDOWS\System32\NvCpl.dll,NvStartup

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [nwiz] nwiz.exe /install

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NvMediaCenter] RUNDLL32.EXE C:\WINDOWS\System32\NvMcTray.dll,NvTaskbarInit

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [McAfee Guardian] "C:\Program Files\McAfee\McAfee Shared Components\Guardian\CMGrdian.exe" /SU

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NeroCheck] C:\WINDOWS\system32\NeroCheck.exe

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QuickTime Task] "C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe" -atboottime

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [sunJavaUpdateSched] C:\Program Files\Java\j2re1.4.2_04\bin\jusched.exe

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [WinampAgent] C:\Program Files\Winamp\winampa.exe

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [TkBellExe] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Real\Update_OB\realsched.exe" -osboot

O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [McAfee.InstantUpdate.Monitor] "C:\Program Files\McAfee\McAfee Shared Components\Instant Updater\RuLaunch.exe" /STARTMONITOR

O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [MsnMsgr] "C:\Program Files\MSN Messenger\MsnMsgr.Exe" /background

O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [ctfmon.exe] C:\WINDOWS\System32\ctfmon.exe

O4 - Global Startup: Adobe Gamma Loader.lnk = C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Calibration\Adobe Gamma Loader.exe

O4 - Global Startup: Microsoft Office.lnk = C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office10\OSA.EXE

O8 - Extra context menu item: &Download with &DAP - C:\PROGRA~1\DAP\dapextie.htm

O8 - Extra context menu item: Download &all with DAP - C:\PROGRA~1\DAP\dapextie2.htm

O8 - Extra context menu item: E&xport to Microsoft Excel - res://C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~2\Office10\EXCEL.EXE/3000

O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Sun Java Console (HKLM)

O9 - Extra button: Messenger (HKLM)

O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Messenger (HKLM)

O16 - DPF: {33564D57-0000-0010-8000-00AA00389B71} - http://download.microsoft.com/download/F/6...922/wmv9VCM.CAB

O16 - DPF: {56336BCB-3D8A-11D6-A00B-0050DA18DE71} (RdxIE Class) - http://software-dl.real.com/096d7ed422f91e...ip/RdxIE601.cab

O16 - DPF: {9F1C11AA-197B-4942-BA54-47A8489BB47F} (Update Class) - http://v4.windowsupdate.microsoft.com/CAB/...8122.3730439815

O16 - DPF: {A8658086-E6AC-4957-BC8E-7D54A7E8A78E} (SassCln Object) - http://www.microsoft.com/security/controls.../20/SassCln.CAB

O16 - DPF: {D27CDB6E-AE6D-11CF-96B8-444553540000} (Shockwave Flash Object) - http://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwa...ash/swflash.cab

1. Download reglite
  2. install "Reglite" and run it, enter HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Windows\ into the address bar.
  3. Double click on AppInit_DLLs to open a "Data Editor" properties window, if the bottom textfield named "Value" contains a .dll file; then this is the hidden file you need to get rid off.
  4. You should not be able to delete this file if you try to clear the value field, IMPORTANT: take note of the path and name of the .dll file. Write it down so you do not forget it.
  5. Rename the Folder "Windows" (This is a purple "highlighted" folder in the left hand window) to NOTWINDOWS. Simply click on the folder, click on "Edit" in the menu bar and select "Rename".
  6. Click AppInit_DLLs again and clear the value containing the .dll and ok it. This should have removed the .dll
  7. Rename the windows folder back to its original name "Windows".
  8. Run SpyBot, Ad-Aware and CWShredder
  9. Check the following three links for instructions on downloading and running the applications listed:

[*]Next step will be to remove this dll file so make sure you have it noted down.

[*]Procedure 1

• Download KillBox
  • Unzip and start the application
  • Paste in the dir <path and name of dll as found in the appinit value box> e.g. C:\Windows\System32\nameofdll.dll
  • Menu Select Action => Delete on Reboot
  • Select File => Add file <It should add the path automatically>
  • <Same Window> Select Action => Process and Reboot

[*]Procedure 2 (If Procedure 1 did not work)

• Click "Start" => "Run" and type in "cmd" (Without the quotations) and click on "Okay".
  • This will open a command window I will assume you have a basic knowledge of DOS if you have any problems at this point just write back I will outline the commands.
  • Type in dir <path and name of dll as found in the appinit value box> and press "Enter". You should see the name of the file listed.
  • Go to the system32 folder (This is where the .dll file will typically reside) and type attrib -R "nameofdll".dll
  • Carry out Procedure 1 again

[*]Restart your computer in safemode (How do I boot into "Safe" mode?)

[*]Open cmd window again as before

[*]Type dir <path and name of dll as found in the appinit value box> and locate the dll name the dll should now have been removed and will not be listed.

[*]While in safe mode, run the 3 ad-removal programs again, just to make sure all traces are gone.

[*]Boot up pc as normal post another HijackThis log into this message for further review.

Hi,

I had the same problem and fixed it by booting to safe mode and deleting the following file:

C:\Windows\System32\bgkkak.dll

After deleting the file reboot to normal mode and change your homepage back. Everything should be good after that. Hope this helps.

Mike, Walt, Steve

The dll was adgbg.dll on my CPU. Same problem from the same jerk but he/she/it changed the dll name.

Found in C:\winnt\system32

You can also search through your registry for that file at delete all references to it.

Or you can eliminate it with Ad-aware becasue it has made several changes to your IE configuration in the registry.

What kind of loser makes this software, it's just a waste of time for everyone involved. Uhh- so frustrating

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0