• Announcements

• Budfred

IE 11 copy/paste problem

It has come to our attention that people using Internet Explorer 11 (IE 11) are having trouble with copy/paste to the forum. If you encounter this problem, using a different browser like Firefox or Chrome seems to get around the problem. We do not know what the problem is, but it seems to be specific to IE 11 and we are hopeful that Microsoft will eventually fix it.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
splinky

Help, windows media palyer down

3 posts in this topic

I have another post about spyware infection and I mentioned some about my media player, but things are worse than I thought.

Something has corrupted my media player and changed the desktop icon. So I went and downloaded it again at microsoft and now I get this message:

Another program installation was not completed. You must restart your computer to complete that installation before upgrading Windows. Click Cancel, restart your computer, and then try installing Windows Media Player 9 Series again.

So I did, but there wasn't anyway to try installing it again, so I downloaded it again and received the exact same message as above.

I don't know what is trying to install, but everytime I reboot, I see "Please wait while setup updates your configuration files", so something is obviously running.

Please help, your assistance will be greatly appreciated.

WMP9 has a tendency to do that. It installs fine even if you don't restart, however.

I'll run through your HijackThis log. You've got quite a few things there, though.

Thanks,

It took three times of downloading it, but I finally got the media player to download and install. Thanks for taking the time and I replied to your post on my other post :)

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0