Help, windows media palyer down

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 splinky

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 14 June 2004 - 10:39 PM

I have another post about spyware infection and I mentioned some about my media player, but things are worse than I thought.
Something has corrupted my media player and changed the desktop icon. So I went and downloaded it again at microsoft and now I get this message:

Another program installation was not completed. You must restart your computer to complete that installation before upgrading Windows. Click Cancel, restart your computer, and then try installing Windows Media Player 9 Series again.

So I did, but there wasn't anyway to try installing it again, so I downloaded it again and received the exact same message as above.

I don't know what is trying to install, but everytime I reboot, I see "Please wait while setup updates your configuration files", so something is obviously running.

Please help, your assistance will be greatly appreciated.

#2 Tuxedo Jack

Tuxedo Jack

Creator of TuxPE, a Cat5-o'-9-Tails, Etherkillers, and more

• Expert
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,757 posts

Posted 15 June 2004 - 07:54 AM

WMP9 has a tendency to do that. It installs fine even if you don't restart, however.

I'll run through your HijackThis log. You've got quite a few things there, though.
Signature file is under revision. This will be back shortly.

#3 splinky

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 15 June 2004 - 05:36 PM

It took three times of downloading it, but I finally got the media player to download and install. Thanks for taking the time and I replied to your post on my other post :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Member of ASAP and UNITE
Support SpywareInfo Forum - click the button